Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sad_one

Inflammatory acne

I don't know what to do with inflammatory acne. I use Dan's Regimen for two weeks. In first week it was ok. But now it seems to get worse. When I look in the mirror, everytime I find new papule/pustule. When I barely touch my skin, I feel stony skin in some areas (you know what im talking about). Maybe ice can help to stop inflammation? How long and how often i need to do this? incidentally, all pustules and papules are on my chin. I'm on a diet.

I use one full pump of BP in the morning and evening.

Don't give up! What's happening is completely normal! It's supposed to get worse before it gets better. It's like the benzoyl is pushing up all the impurities from underneath your skin to the top so it can get rid of it all. Once this stage is done, you'll start seeing results! Look at the what to expect page:

http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

And I've heard of ice helping to stop zits from appearing, maybe you could try it to help with the inflammation!

Good luck and stick with it!

Hang in there! It can take up to three months to get the acne cycle under control. Don't give up yet. Once you are at the full amount of bp (two full pumps) the clearing should be more consistent and noticeable.