Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SkerBoi2007

anything for the afternoon for oily skin??

Hey,

Im new to this site..jus posted up ma info..and im on dan's regimen for like a week..and im seein hella improvements already..so thumbs up for da that!

But the problem is, I got really oily/greasy skin, and after 3-4 hours of the AM application my skin(i just apply the stuff on ma face) gets real sticky, not cuz of da BP or moisturizer, but because my of sebaceous glands i guess..lol

Does anyone else face such a problem..and if you'll do..what is your solution for this?

Thanking you in advance. :)

Hey,

Im new to this site..jus posted up ma info..and im on dan's regimen for like a week..and im seein hella improvements already..so thumbs up for da that!

But the problem is, I got really oily/greasy skin, and after 3-4 hours of the AM application my skin(i just apply the stuff on ma face) gets real sticky, not cuz of da BP or moisturizer, but because my of sebaceous glands i guess..lol

Does anyone else face such a problem..and if you'll do..what is your solution for this?

man i'm having the same problem ~x( . The only difference is that only my t-zone is super oily..expecially forehead and nose. The chin is alright..and cheeks are normal/dry. So, because of my UNUSUAL SUPER OILY t-zone... i often get some pimples in that area. I don't have a bad acne or something...but.. i hate that stupid t-zone..why can't it be normal? it's not even a little oily. It's super oily, awkwardly oily..i think nobody has and oilier t-zone than me. During the day i was cleaning my face several times per day. After that i realized this is a bad thing so i went down to 3 face washes/day...and now..for the last month...i only washed twice per day..and i wanna stay like this..but it's so damn hard. I get super oily 2-3 hours after washing in the morning. I used to wipe my face with soft "toilet paper" to take the sebum pretty often during the day...but...then, again i realized..this wasn't going anywhere.. after wiping i am dry, and the next 5 minutes the oil begins to come back.. So i began not to wipe my face that often. Now I'm on a no wiping period..i started it a week ago. Just washing my face in the morning and evening with just water. no soap. Damn this is so retarded..i got no improvements so far. I thought that if i let my face alone..in time it will adjust by itself.. but it's so haaard. it gets ichy and i can't stand it. It's so so so damn hard. If i resist like this 2-3 months, i'm also going to the seaside...maybe i'll be ok...i hope...and i'm 19 years old... when will the hormones SLOW DOWN FFS?!

As an advice for you...man...if u use products, topicals and shit...maybe u will get lesser oily. But when u stop using them...u will get your oil back in a jiffy, or maybe more, and vulnerable skin..u will only destroy it by using chemicals. I just hope my organism will get to be normal soon, because i can't stand it anymore. I expect that the skin will adjust itself in time. I am also eating very healthy and just water for drinking. But..the sebum is still there..in BIG amounts. If it valued any money..i would have been the richest man on the planet by selling it:))

thanx for da quick reply..

I got all the problems what u mentioned..

1)Oily T-zone

2)Habit of washin jus ma face 4-5 times a day

3)askin myself when are ma ragin hormones gonna settle down..i mean...i look at all ma mates..not washin proper..stayin out late..give a shit bout der hygiene..but nxt mornin dey got clear skin..like damm!

You say ur gonna move to da seaside..wht tht mean?

And idk if u have tried Dan's Regimen or not..but if u havnt..i think u shuld give it a shot..considerin u got all da problems I got..

I'm jus a week thru..usin relli minimal BP..AM and PM..and an ordinary cleanser and moisturizer

and I havnt got a single break-out!!..impressive stuff right?

I was readin a few posts 2day..and a lotta people usin stuff like tissue and special blottin paper 2 dab off der oil..I havnt tried it..cuz i'm not 2 sure..as im used 2 jus washin ma face wid water.

Obviously you know that people use oil blotting sheets to help take care of excess oil, and they really are a good option. They're pretty cheap, and you can find them in most stores. When your face gets oily, you just use one (or two, if necessary), and blot the oil off of your face.

You might want to look into giving them a try. I keep some in my purse all the time, just in case.

I got a few questions.

1) Mimmie, you say that drinking ACV is helpful. Honestly, I'm new to this site, so I’m having a hard time understanding all these abbreviations (like I almost spent 15 minutes yesterday figuring out what DKR stands for, lol)

So what is ACV and how is it exactly beneficial?

2) Blotting paper seems to be a very good option. But does it completely take care of facial oil? What kind/type of this stuff do you use? And how do you go about with it?

Do you just dab any excess oil off? Or do use a little pressure to wipe it off?

Secondly, is it wrong to wash your face more than twice a day? Can excessive washing contribute to more break-outs?

C’est la vigne, Do you really have problems with acne or the greasy skin? I was looking at your snaps, and you have really perfect skin, especially the snap of you in the buzzed hair look, that was rad!

Again, thank you for all your help in advance.

ACV is short for Apple Cider Vinegar. There are hundreds of threads about it, so it shouldn't be had to find a few.

And oil blotting sheets can be found all over. Clean And Clear makes some, and a lot of stores have store-brand blotting sheets as well. I, personally, use either store-brand blotting sheets or rice paper blotting sheets (in my experience, the rice paper sheets aren't quite as effective, but I use them because they seem more environmentally friendly).

You simply blot (not wipe) your face with them, and they lift off the oil. They actually work really well. Yes, the oil will come back, so you may have to blot a few times a day, but it doesn't take long, and it's not a big deal.

And yes, washing more than twice a day is too much. You have to be gentle with your skin, and keep in mind that over-treating or over-washing can irritate your skin, which can lead to breakouts.

And, for the record, yes, I do get quite a shine going on, which is why I keep blotting sheets handy. And while my acne is under control now (I've been on The Regimen and birth control for over a year), I do have mildly acne-prone skin. And, hehe, thanks. I'm quite fond of that picture of me with the shaved head as well. ; )

Hey,

man i'm having the same problem ~x( . The only difference is that only my t-zone is super oily..expecially forehead and nose. The chin is alright..and cheeks are normal/dry. So, because of my UNUSUAL SUPER OILY t-zone... i often get some pimples in that area. I don't have a bad acne or something...but.. i hate that stupid t-zone..why can't it be normal? it's not even a little oily. It's super oily, awkwardly oily..i think nobody has and oilier t-zone than me. During the day i was cleaning my face several times per day. After that i realized this is a bad thing so i went down to 3 face washes/day...and now..for the last month...i only washed twice per day..and i wanna stay like this..but it's so damn hard. I get super oily 2-3 hours after washing in the morning. I used to wipe my face with soft "toilet paper" to take the sebum pretty often during the day...but...then, again i realized..this wasn't going anywhere.. after wiping i am dry, and the next 5 minutes the oil begins to come back.. So i began not to wipe my face that often. Now I'm on a no wiping period..i started it a week ago. Just washing my face in the morning and evening with just water. no soap. Damn this is so retarded..i got no improvements so far. I thought that if i let my face alone..in time it will adjust by itself.. but it's so haaard. it gets ichy and i can't stand it. It's so so so damn hard. If i resist like this 2-3 months, i'm also going to the seaside...maybe i'll be ok...i hope...and i'm 19 years old... when will the hormones SLOW DOWN FFS?!

As an advice for you...man...if u use products, topicals and shit...maybe u will get lesser oily. But when u stop using them...u will get your oil back in a jiffy, or maybe more, and vulnerable skin..u will only destroy it by using chemicals. I just hope my organism will get to be normal soon, because i can't stand it anymore. I expect that the skin will adjust itself in time. I am also eating very healthy and just water for drinking. But..the sebum is still there..in BIG amounts. If it valued any money..i would have been the richest man on the planet by selling it:))

I love oil blotting sheets...they are not only good for oil, but sweat as well. I use the Walgreens or CVS generic version of Clean and Clear. Works the same way but a dollar or two cheaper. It definitely makes a difference.

its apple cider vinegar mixed with water i usually drink it with apple juice....i also use it as a toner but i just started so im not sure if it works like that.BUT I KNOW FOR SURE IT WORKS WHEN YOU DRINK IT ...I BECAME PREGNANT AND MY SKIN BECAME VERY OILY BUT ONCE I DRANK ACV FOR 3 DAYS I NOTICED A DIFFERENCE YOU SHOULD TRY IT ITS NOT EXPENSIVE AT ALL AND IT ALSO HELPS ON FOOD CRAVINGS AND HELPS YOU LOSE WEIGHT...

PLUS YOU SHOULDNT WASH YOUR FACE TOO MUCH YOU CAN USE CETAPHIL ITS REALLY GOOD AND IT WONT MAKE YOUR FACE FEEL DRY

Thank you for all your inputs.

Im going ahead with DKR and I'm going to find myself some ACV (guess who is getting his abbreviations straight..lol)

I did a little research concerning ACV on acne.org, and yeah, guess I should have looked around first before asking. Seems like many folks find it beneficial to control greasy skin.

I'm trying to upload a display picture for my profile like everyone else has, but I can't figure out how to! I was looking around the technical issues section on the messageboard, without much luck so far.

From the FAQs:

Q: Can I use the Regimen in conjunction with additional products or over-the-counter medications?

A: Do not do this until you are completely clear and have been that way for some time. Once you are completely clear, it is okay to add in one variable at a time. However, if you begin the Regimen and are adding in other variables from the get go, you will have no way of judging whether the Regimen works for you. See the biggest mistakes page for more.