Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The coconut oil is likely saponified, and does not remain on your skin after rinsing. The SLS in the douchegel is comedogenic. I'd skip the douchegel and use the neem soap instead. I don't think salt is comedogenic, I know all the lists say it is, but I've used in lots of products, swam in the ocean, applied saline, etc., never seems to cause acne for me.

Guest missyjean130

SLS really CLOG pores? I never used it because it was irritating,never seemed to be pore clogging...this is news to me o.O

Also is coconut oil is definitely pore clogging right? My theater I work at uses butter made from coconut oil...I often get it on my hands and worry about it transferring to my face. I wash my hands all the time at work but if I can't feel anything on my hands,can even the tiniest micro drop really make a difference lol?

SLS is pure ick. It rates as comedogenic ( I think a 3) but it seems more irritating than anything else.

I am really torn about the coconut oil. All the charts rate it as comedogenic, but then there are tons of people that use it topically FOR acne. It's my favorite oil for real soaps - lathers well, rinses clean.

The only thing I can think of is the grade of coconut oil used in the studies. Perhaps they used refined coconut oil, and that is comedogenic, but unrefined is not? Or vice versa?

i apologize for the late post--

but yes. NaCl is comedogenic for me! In fact i tried to treat my pimples with NaCl and the result is that each pimple i treated sprouted a twin--a pimple with a pimple if you will.

yes. Sodium Chloride is evil--and it is in much acne fighting ingredients that is meant to be left on the face...