Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danjor92

regimen starter kit

Hello, i have recently ordered a regimen starter kit off this site, i am currently using duac once daily gel, which contains benyzhol peroxide, i just wondered whether i should continue to use this before i start with the starter kit, or stop using it?

Hi! Just gonna say that I just ordered the starter kit too! Good luck!

And I would say that you might want to stop. On the regiment you're going to have to start out with a low amount of BP anyways, so still using it won't help you start off with a big amount if that's what you're aiming for. Plus, you might not have the same percentage of BP as the one in the starter kit (2.5%). And I'm assuming that you ordered the Regimen because what you're using isn't working that well? So just chuck it and say hello to the new stuff!

Just my opinion! Once again- Good luck!!!

I too have just ordered Dan's products. I'm quite skeptical, but figure what's one more product to try. :think: I wish you both the best of luck. Maybe this might actually work for one of us :exclaim:

Hey guys,

It's great to hear that all of y'all are going to be starting the Regimen soon! I am a naturally skeptical person and so I was extremely wary of ordering all of the products and trying the Regimen. Because of this, I waited several weeks (to try other things like tea tree oil and aloe vera) and let my acne get even worse. As you can see in my sig, the Regimen has worked amazingly well for me. In a couple of months, when my redmarks fade entirely, I should be clear for the first time since I was about 14! My point is that this site is not just a propaganda portal which only wants to sell products. That's why Dan doesn't stress that you HAVE to use his products and he even gives recommendations on other ones. My advice to ya'll is this:

1) Get all of the products you need--Gentle Cleanser, 2.5 % BP, Non-Comedogenic Moisturizer, and jojoba oil is also a great idea.

2) Throw away everything that you don't-- Duac, 10% BP, Salycylic Acid...ANTHING other than what I listed above.

3) Follow Dan's instructions EXACTLY-- Don't use too much BP too soon! Wait in between each step!

4) Be GENTLE, GENTLE and GENTLE-- Irritation = Acne

5) Do not give up on it too soon-- I was still getting pimples until my seventh week on the Regimen (granted they were small and went away wicked fast) but I knew that it was working.

Also, do not be deterred by dry skin. Your skin will be dry. It will be frustrating. Peeling will happen. But these things will go away. Trust me, I didn't believe that the flakiness would ever end and it really almost made me stop the Regimen altogether. But here I am in my 8th week and, though I still have a few flakes, it is much, much better. Dry skin for a little while is better than indefinite acne.

6) Let us know how it's coming-- If you have any question or need any advice, just post here. Either myself or someone who knows more than me will be happy to reply. And let us know when you see results!

Good Luck!

Hey guys,

It's great to hear that all of y'all are going to be starting the Regimen soon! I am a naturally skeptical person and so I was extremely wary of ordering all of the products and trying the Regimen. Because of this, I waited several weeks (to try other things like tea tree oil and aloe vera) and let my acne get even worse. As you can see in my sig, the Regimen has worked amazingly well for me. In a couple of months, when my redmarks fade entirely, I should be clear for the first time since I was about 14! My point is that this site is not just a propaganda portal which only wants to sell products. That's why Dan doesn't stress that you HAVE to use his products and he even gives recommendations on other ones. My advice to ya'll is this:

1) Get all of the products you need--Gentle Cleanser, 2.5 % BP, Non-Comedogenic Moisturizer, and jojoba oil is also a great idea.

2) Throw away everything that you don't-- Duac, 10% BP, Salycylic Acid...ANTHING other than what I listed above.

3) Follow Dan's instructions EXACTLY-- Don't use too much BP too soon! Wait in between each step!

4) Be GENTLE, GENTLE and GENTLE-- Irritation = Acne

5) Do not give up on it too soon-- I was still getting pimples until my seventh week on the Regimen (granted they were small and went away wicked fast) but I knew that it was working.

Also, do not be deterred by dry skin. Your skin will be dry. It will be frustrating. Peeling will happen. But these things will go away. Trust me, I didn't believe that the flakiness would ever end and it really almost made me stop the Regimen altogether. But here I am in my 8th week and, though I still have a few flakes, it is much, much better. Dry skin for a little while is better than indefinite acne.

6) Let us know how it's coming-- If you have any question or need any advice, just post here. Either myself or someone who knows more than me will be happy to reply. And let us know when you see results!

Good Luck!

Excellent post. : )

^^^agree..perfect post lol. aslong as u follow those steps, im sure youll be fine. the regimen really does work and dan's products are awsome.

Hi guys! I have been checking this site everyday the past few days and I still haven't made the decision to purchase. I really want to buy it, but then I stop and think that I should just buy the neutrogena on the spot and use my regular cleanser and moisturizer, but then I worry the regimen won't work since I am not using Dan's products :(. My cleanser and moisturizer are not recommended by Dan. I use baby wash as cleanser and aloe vera gel as moisturizer. I think eventually I will purchase, but still haven't made up my mind. Any advice???