Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jondread

Help me please! It hurts so much!!! Pics included

Ive had a growing "splodge" of pus - under the skin just below my mouth for the last few weeks, it's slowly turned into a few spots and gone down, then repeated.

But yesterday it seemed to erupt into a giant mound. There is no pus underneath it now just a massive red bump which is huge and swollen and it is actually causing me to not be able to talk properly. It hurts like HELL. I don't know what to do with it, i've taken ibuprofen but i'm completely stuck with what to do with it now.... Can anyone recommend something?

I'm currently on one antibiotic a day, and I use natural products such as a goats milk and oatmeal soap to cleanse, an active manuka honey moisturizer, and apple cider vinegar as a topical - which I applied to it last night as I do every night.

I also got some pics

post-105192-1245770599_thumb.jpg

post-105192-1245770629_thumb.jpg

Heeeeeeelp?

It seems to have like a blueish blackish bump in the middle of it now....

post-105192-1245770599_thumb.jpg

post-105192-1245770629_thumb.jpg

Sadly, I don't have a derm as my acne isn't bad enough to be classed as mild. I don't have transport either :( I just pricked it with a sterile pin (which I heated until red hot) and it burst out a lot of the pus, which as relieved a bit of the swelling - but that may be down to the ibuprofen...

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Hot compress 4 times a day for 10 minutes at a time. Should help draw out infection and relieve some pain. Not so hot it hurts, just hot enough to feel hot :)

I'd say ice it instead of the hot compress. Reason being that you already got some pus out, so it might just be swollen.

Ok, well i'm just going to use an ice cube inside a tissue and keep it on there for a few minutes and see what happens. Thanks for the help guys!

What antibiotic are you taking? I had something similar and it turned out to be an infection. I was put on bactrim for a week and mupirocin ointment and it cleared.

At first it started as a papule then I stupidly poked it constantly with a needle to squeeze whatever out. Bad idea because it didnt work! Then it became itchy and I put everything imaginable on it including hydrocortisone, vitamin e, and even abreva. It initially healed but all of a sudden it came back. I went to the doctor and he told me it was impetigo (staph/strepp infection). The mupirocin cleared it pretty fast but I was worried about it spreading so I took an oral antibiotic too. Maybe you should go to the doctor and ask them for the mupirocin. Its a pretty strong antibiotic and should give you quick results if in fact it is infected. I hope things get better for you =)

I have one like that on my chin since about 4 weeks now. It looks like a regular pimple but you can feel a huge lump under the skin. The past few days it's turned purple and shrunk a bit so I'm assuming it's coming to a final head.

Does the ice thing work only to relieve pain temporarily or does it actually help with the lesion and make it go down faster?

You could try compressing it with warm salt water. The salt will help draw out the infection. I've also tried making a paste out of baking soda and water and then applying it to the affected area after doing a warm compress, and then letting it dry. When the baking soda is dry and beginning to crumble off your face, rinse it off with warm water and pat dry. Then you can try *gently* squeezing the affected area. Probably a clear or yellow coloured liquid will come out. Repeat the process (compress, followed by baking soda, gently squeezing the area) once more then leave it alone for awhile. You can repeat this process again later if there is still infection remaining under the skin.