Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, I'm not really starving. But, I'm a slim guy and have been looking at these boards for a bit now. Decided to cut out a lot of stuff from diet for a while. Such as: dairy, gluten, grains, caffeine, pop, etc. Followed the alkaline/acidic diet. Didn't see too big of a difference. A few days ago I just started supplementing with omega 3's and my red marks are the only thing that has faded so far.

Like I said, I'm slim. My metabolism is psychotic and is only worse since I am very active. Eating grass and such just didn't seem to satiate my hunger much and I've been walking around all hungry all the time. I've stuck to diets religiously, as well. It may all have been for nought, I now see. I used to get on here, read lots of ppl break out from oranges and I thought that maybe I had too, so I cut that out. Found other foods and other foods, cutting more and more. Now, I'm just saying screw this shit. I just had a bowl of cookie crisp with a big ass smile on my face. Eating like a robot got me nowhere.

I have a derm appointment coming up... I have video logs of when my acne was much, much worse. I'm going to tell him all the crap I've tried. I've never been on accutane and I don't like the side effects. Especially the fact I could break out like psycho again, which is probably the ONLY thing I'm not willing to do to get rid of acne. I'm a part time worker, full time student and college is starting back up in mid-August. So no insurance. Accutane would cost a lot, I hear. Any ideas???

It's long, but I really don't care. Sometimes you just need to type it all out.

I feel the same, i've currently cut out all sugar inc. sweet drinks, cakes, sweets lol. It's really hard cos so many of my snacks were biscuits, chocolate etc, so i find i'm always hungry.

I'm on my third week of six and then I will judge the overall effects. If it works i'll have to look at how I can consume more calories, healthily, cos our bodies are obviously telling us they need more.

I think a mistake is to remove something from your diet that people say breaks them out, as eventually we end up not being able to eat anything. Hence why i'm sticking with just removing sugar and sugar drinks lol.

that's how it is in the beginning. as time goes on, you'll learn how to eat healthy. other countries have lived without soda, sweets and other bad things like that so i think you'll survive. do research online for a healthy diet. try and take a positive out of this. if you want to keep your weight stable, just bulk up the calories by eating more meals spaced out.

Like I said, I'm slim. My metabolism is psychotic and is only worse since I am very active. Eating grass and such just didn't seem to satiate my hunger much and I've been walking around all hungry all the time.

Grass???

It's always amazing to me how when people quit eating cereal and bread, they can't figure out what to eat. It just goes to show how bad diets are in this country when people can't even imagine how to eat real food.

I think a mistake is to remove something from your diet that people say breaks them out, as eventually we end up not being able to eat anything. Hence why i'm sticking with just removing sugar and sugar drinks lol.

The foods that people say break them out, other than steady diets of sugar and bad fats and nutritionally void foods of course, are foods that are common allergens or it's common for people to have an intolerance to. You should use their experience to know what to try avoiding, one by one, to see if they cause a problem. Or you should follow a very hypo-allergenic diet for a period and add these common allergens back in one by one. Be methodical to figure out what food intolerances you may have.

The reason you're hungry all the time is the fact that you're not getting enough fiber from your diet. Fiber is found in all natural whole grains (wheat, oats, etc.) It gives you a feeling of fullness and helps your body absorb other essential nutrients, like proteins.

I genuinely believe cutting natural grains out of your diet isn't the answer - especially so if you workout a lot. Carbohydrates provide your body with energy and allow it to use protein for maintaining muscle mass as opposed to generating energy.

The reason you're hungry all the time is the fact that you're not getting enough fiber from your diet. Fiber is found in all natural whole grains (wheat, oats, etc.) It gives you a feeling of fullness and helps your body absorb other essential nutrients, like proteins.

I genuinely believe cutting natural grains out of your diet isn't the answer - especially so if you workout a lot. Carbohydrates provide your body with energy and allow it to use protein for maintaining muscle mass as opposed to generating energy.

Obviously, I'm not really eating grass, Alternativista.

Yes, I agree with you, Spikey! I've been intaking much more omega three, including flax seed which has lots of fiber and I am feeling better. I have made permanent changes to my diet and am eating much, much healthier than before, which is something I will keep with me because I actually enjoy it.

I've had a BMI calculation done and 60% of the calories I intake should be carbs. That's saying something right there! I understand why people may cut grains out of their diet, but I believe even moreso that eliminating the largest part of the food pyramid is unwise. Trial and error, I suppose.

I didn't think you were. But you chose that word and claimed you were starving so it sounds like you were one of the many people who think what we mean by healthy eating is nothing but lettuce and celery.

It's always amazing to me how when people quit eating cereal and bread, they can't figure out what to eat. It just goes to show how bad diets are in this country when people can't even imagine how to eat real food.

Glad it amuses you. It's not like bread and cereal was all that I eliminated or that I was completely lost without my precious bread and cereal. "Real food" is only a comparison of what one's idea of food actually is. A food less healthy doesn't make it any less of a food. Just as I "chose that word" grass as you so lovingly put it, you chose the words "real food." Ironic.

Your sensitivity deduces that "grass" is a deragatory term and the irritability is not necessary. Apparently, your diet isn't affecting that part.

Yes, I agree with you, Spikey! I've been intaking much more omega three, including flax seed which has lots of fiber and I am feeling better. I have made permanent changes to my diet and am eating much, much healthier than before, which is something I will keep with me because I actually enjoy it.

I've had a BMI calculation done and 60% of the calories I intake should be carbs. That's saying something right there! I understand why people may cut grains out of their diet, but I believe even moreso that eliminating the largest part of the food pyramid is unwise. Trial and error, I suppose.

Can you tell me a good replacement for Wheat such as bread and pasta. There is so much refined carbs in the diet in my country. I've heard Quinoa and rice are alternative, maybe potato. Is it unhealhty to completely cut out wheat and eat another grain such as Quinoa instead.

Glad it amuses you. It's not like bread and cereal was all that I eliminated or that I was completely lost without my precious bread and cereal. "Real food" is only a comparison of what one's idea of food actually is. A food less healthy doesn't make it any less of a food. Just as I "chose that word" grass as you so lovingly put it, you chose the words "real food." Ironic.

Your sensitivity deduces that "grass" is a deragatory term and the irritability is not necessary. Apparently, your diet isn't affecting that part.

(Save Lives (SWAT),

Alternativista helps a lot of people on the boards, and her information is spot on. More than anything, I think she was just trying to get the point across of how important it is to really make sure you're focusing on a wide variety of real foods. She knows her stuff. I would definitely check out that link she gave you. If anyone on the boards can help you clear your skin through diet, it's probably Alternativista!

As for getting hungry, I would focus on beans/legumes, nuts/seeds (though too many nuts/seeds could break you out, so I'd go easy here, but you can blend them up and add them to soups to add creaminess, and you can also make dips/dressings out of them, thereby, eliminating processed oils). Avocados would be another good choice. As for grains, they actually aren't necessary for good health. Rather than eating grains (though if you're trying to gain weight, 2 or more servings a day is probably fine, so long as you're still allowing room for the really nutrient-rich foods), I would instead focus on more nutrient dense foods such as vegetables, leafy greens, beans/legumes, fruits and nuts/seeds. There are definitely ways to eat these foods that are delicious and filling. Also, if you're not doing green smoothie yet, check out my thread (link below in my signature). Blended cruciferous greens are definitely your friend - they might not fill you up, but they should nonetheless be a daily part of your diet - and that goes for anyone who is looking to eat a nutrient rich diet. I hope you find the information you're looking for. :)

Glad it amuses you.

It doesn't amuse me. It worries me.

I didn't understand anything else in your response. Just as you obviously didn't understand mine.