Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blue_flames12

Baking soda exfoliation

I'm using benzoyl peroxide and neutrogena moisturizer. I'm applying it every night following Dan's instruction very carefully. I'm getting cleared but I'm I'm being left with pimple scars. I want to get rid of it and I've thought of using baking soda exfoliant to lighten pimple scars. You think exfoliating 3 times week with baking soda will help me? or will it irritate my skin and cause breakouts? P.S. I will also appreciate if you can give me other suggestions how to lighten pimple scars but I prefer for you to answer my questions first before you suggest anything. Thank you so much.

Red marks aren't scars as they do fade with time.

Please read the following post on pH and why your skin prefers acidic products. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/pH-import...-p-t144725.html The product you wish to use (baking soda) is alkaline and will damage your acid mantle and increase the risk of breaking out and irritation.

If you want better results with clearing, use the Regimen twice daily.

I'd wait for exfoliation until you've adapted to the entire dose of BP, and an extra month beyond. Exfoliation will help with fading red marks, as will use of sunscreen.

If you really want to use baking soda, I'd suggest mixing it with apple cider vinegar to form a paste; that will make the pH closer to your skin and keep you from causing the irritation that plain baking soda can cause.

There's a red marks forum. Read the pinned posts at the top of it for tips on helping fade post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) or red marks.

Red marks aren't scars as they do fade with time.

Please read the following post on pH and why your skin prefers acidic products. The product you wish to use (baking soda) is alkaline and will damage your acid mantle and increase the risk of breaking out and irritation.

If you want better results with clearing, use the Regimen twice daily.

I'd wait for exfoliation until you've adapted to the entire dose of BP, and an extra month beyond. Exfoliation will help with fading red marks, as will use of sunscreen.

If you really want to use baking soda, I'd suggest mixing it with apple cider vinegar to form a paste; that will make the pH closer to your skin and keep you from causing the irritation that plain baking soda can cause.

There's a red marks forum. Read the pinned posts at the top of it for tips on helping fade post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) or red marks.

................................................................................

Thanks I appreciate! I actually did not use baking soda as you suggested. I read some more forums from the message board and I've read about baby hair brush exfoliation. Since I am a newbie, I dont really know when should I exfoliate. Do I need to exfoliate in the morning (3 times a week) or do I need to exfoliate before applying benzoyl peroxide in the evening? P.S. Can exfoliation (using baby hair brush) be followed by applying benzoyl peroxide? Wouldn't it be irritating if I apply benzoyl peroxide after exfoliating using baby brush? Please help me..