Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strato

Is butter good or bad for acne?

Like most of you I am on a very strict diet. Low fat, low carbs.

What do you think about butter? I love to eat LOTS of salty butter with buckwheat every morning, but I'm not sure if that's a wise thing to do.

The brand I use:

Energy 2500 kJ(630 kcal)

Carbs 1g

Protein 1g

Fat 70g (23 saturate, 31 monounsaturated, 16 polyunsaturated)

and a bunch of vitamins etc.

Is it a good idea to eat it massively? Which fats are good, which are bad?

Like most of you I am on a very strict diet. Low fat, low carbs.

What do you think about butter? I love to eat LOTS of salty butter with buckwheat every morning, but I'm not sure if that's a wise thing to do.

The brand I use:

Energy 2500 kJ(630 kcal)

Carbs 1g

Protein 1g

Fat 70g (23 saturate, 31 monounsaturated, 16 polyunsaturated)

and a bunch of vitamins etc.

Is it a good idea to eat it massively? Which fats are good, which are bad?

You're kidding right? Is this post a joke? Ya doood go eat massive amounts of butter and see if it clears up your skin... haha.

If I ate even a teaspoon of butter I'd wake up with a cyst. I'm allergic to dairy though.

Got to get the energy from somewhere. If I don't eat carbs or fat then my body will start using proteins to get energy. I guess I'll drop eating fat that much and bring back some carbs, since they are the primary source for energy.

I think butter is fine. If you have trouble with dairy, I think there is little chance that butter will cause you problems since it is primarily just milk fat. Allergies generally stem from proteins. There are only trace amounts of casein and lactose in butter, and the amounts that people normally use are so small anyways. Butter is also one of the best things to cook with and makes food taste great. Other forms of dairy causes me problems but butter is perfectly fine.

What do you mean by massively? You can't just put a tablespoon on your buckwheat?

I would put like 10 tablespoons each time. It was one of the only things that was left in my diet that tasted good, and now that's gone as well. Bummer.

What do you mean by massively? You can't just put a tablespoon on your buckwheat?

I would put like 10 tablespoons each time. It was one of the only things that was left in my diet that tasted good, and now that's gone as well. Bummer.

What's in your diet that butter is the only thing that tastes good?

As far as butter goes I use organic unsatled butter. I add my own sea salt to the butter. It tastes great. Other stuff you can add to food extra virgin coconut oil and olive oil. I only recommend cooking with coconut oil though. They are both "good" fats.

I'm not sure I agree with the carbs = primary source of energy.