Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drew1215

Question on a mark left over after squeezing pimple

Hey all, I'm new here and have a quick question for whoever can answer it. My acne isn't bad at all...its actually pretty much gone, but there was a small little pimple on the left side of my chin, more towards the lift of the lip. I took a paper towel and squeezed it but it wasn't really coming out. It finally did, but after I was done I noticed that one of the places my thumb was at, where I squeezed real hard, now has a small decent sized circle which is red skin that look like it has been burned. Its pretty easy to see and I was wondering if anyone knew what this was and how to treat it. Again, I was popping the pimple, and one of the places my thumb was at on the paper towel against the skin left a big red mark and the skin is somewhat dry now. Thanks..

post-106053-1245705622_thumb.jpg

post-106053-1245705622_thumb.jpg

Don't press so hard; you're going to scar!

Put some antibiotic cream/ointment on a plaster/adhesive bandage, and then the bandage on the red spot. That will help heal it.

From what I can see from your pic, your acne is very very mild, and unless a pimple is begging to come out and comes out very easily, the best thing to do is leave it alone. You should never be trying at a pimple for more than a couple of seconds, it's either going to come out or it's not. So my advice would be to never do something like that again, especially if it was as you said very small, and likely unnoticable. On the red mark, see how it goes over the next couple of days, it should fade substantially, depending on your skin type and how easily your skin marks/scars. Good luck ;)