Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cloud12

forehead scars

hi guys,

I have scars on my forehead that I believe would be highly minor hypertrophic scars. They are very slightly raised (to the point where you pretty much cant feel them at all) and they are white (hypopigmented). Depending on lighting, they go from almost unnoticeable, to looking somewhat bad (to me anyway). I have olive skin, and was wondering if anyone had this type of scarring on their forehead. If so, what type of procedures have you tried? What would you recommend?

cheers!

I too have a white scar on my forehead, small, but noticeable. I have heard a few things:

1. Give the area a lot of sun

2. Needling

3. A few products online help hypopigmented scars (white scars) They are expensive and i haven't tried any...

I have tried to give the area sun with no luck yet. Let me know if anything works for you.

i have those 'scars' too...they are like skin from the texture but white in color...

Thanks for the tips! I guess i'm a little nervous to do any drastic procedures since I don't want to end up making things much worse. Has anyone tried needling for these hypopigmented, very slightly raised marks?

thanks!

uhh before u try those...

i believe sunlight and scarring = bad.

if u dont get any suitable advice here try a surgeon/derm

Would any of you suggest I try some light chemical peels? I have what I believe would be called "olive skin", and I am aware that deeper peels aren't recommended for darker skin tones, so would maybe a light to medium peel help out with some rough texture, or maybe help with the pigmentation issue?

cheers

I have the opposite! My scars are craters, they makes small holes :(

I was thinking of injection because an excision might leave a scar and it would look weird

But yeah, for you, sorry no idea

I guess exfoliation/peels/laser resurfacing?

Just do something that won't leave any scars (even discolourations)