Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So...I've started using it as of Thursday on my hubby's upper arms, my upper arms, and my jaw line and under my chin just to see how our skin reacts to it.

So far, my arms are baby butt smooth, it's been 4 days of application.

My husband has a condition on his upper arms (that usually goes away when he's been massively exercising and sweating for a long period of time), but it's these tiny tan colored bumps that are very persistent. I applied the AHA+ to only one arm to moniter the difference. I'll post some pics in upcoming days. His arm where the AHA+ was applied is noticeably smoother and the coloring of the bumps is a lot lighter only after 4 days of treatment, so he's excited to see more progress.

Now for my concerns...

I do a lot of my research on a site called MakeupAlley, and the AHA+ got some very good reviews (92% average - which is GREAT on this site).

HOWEVER - I came across a post from a member that says:

"I was researching some other chemicals that were in the AHA+, and I discovered the Buteleyne Glycol in it produced formaldehyde slowly when absorbed through the skin, nono!

So, sadly the Acne.org Regimen did not work for me and even the AHA+ didn't, but hopefully it does for You !"

...Mods, is this true? I don't know much about formaldehyde, but it doesn't sound very good!

Anyways, for anybody who has used the AHA+, or is currently using it, what have your experiences been with the product? I've literally read every review on acne.org & MUA, so anybody who hasn't already shared their experiences is much appreciated =]=].

I've been using it nightly for the past three days and it's been great. It's obvious that wherever i put the AHA, that area will be super smooth. My nose, which was really dry before, is no longer rough and dry! I love this stuff

I've been using it since this weekend as a nighttime moisturizer and I haven't broken out. I did notice that it seemed to have lightened up some of my dark spots (it could be my imagination but ill definitely know in a few weeks because i know their exact locations).

Also I followed Dan's advice about putting AHA+ on top of a new developing zit treated with BP, "to stop it in its tracks" and it worked for me. I woke up two days ago with one of those bumps that is just emerging and you just know it'll be a big zit, plus if you slightly press down it's like a dull pain....I'm not sure if this is part of the "purging breakout" that some have experienced with the AHA+...but for two nights i put BP and AHA+ on it and the diameter has definitely shrunk, it is flatter and if I press on it it's not painful :D

I've been using it nightly for the past three days and it's been great. It's obvious that wherever i put the AHA, that area will be super smooth. My nose, which was really dry before, is no longer rough and dry! I love this stuff

Hey!

I totally agree with the smoothness factor, my skin where I've applied the AHA is suuuuper smooth. Thanks for your reply!

I've been using it since this weekend as a nighttime moisturizer and I haven't broken out. I did notice that it seemed to have lightened up some of my dark spots (it could be my imagination but ill definitely know in a few weeks because i know their exact locations).

Also I followed Dan's advice about putting AHA+ on top of a new developing zit treated with BP, "to stop it in its tracks" and it worked for me. I woke up two days ago with one of those bumps that is just emerging and you just know it'll be a big zit, plus if you slightly press down it's like a dull pain....I'm not sure if this is part of the "purging breakout" that some have experienced with the AHA+...but for two nights i put BP and AHA+ on it and the diameter has definitely shrunk, it is flatter and if I press on it it's not painful :D

Hey =],

I haven't really tried it on any of my red marks yet, but I think that I'm going to start tonight. Has your skin been a lot smoother since using it? You pretty much started at the same time as I did. :)

Sweet! I'm glad to know that the combo "stops zits in its tracks", I don't use Dan's BP though, but I've been very fortunate to have skin that is a lot less acne ridden since I've been using a 2% BHA. I mostly want to use the AHA to get rid of my hyperpigmentationl.

Let me know how the red mark fading process goes for you!

Hey =],

I haven't really tried it on any of my red marks yet, but I think that I'm going to start tonight. Has your skin been a lot smoother since using it? You pretty much started at the same time as I did. :)

Sweet! I'm glad to know that the combo "stops zits in its tracks", I don't use Dan's BP though, but I've been very fortunate to have skin that is a lot less acne ridden since I've been using a 2% BHA. I mostly want to use the AHA to get rid of my hyperpigmentationl.

Let me know how the red mark fading process goes for you!

Yup it's too early to tell but I THINK my hyperpigmentation has faded somewhat. Because I regularly check my skin when in my car mirror (with DH driving!) just because it's a natural outdoor lighting and I think it looks better. And this is before I put my pressed powder on.

It did help with my dry patches because I had one like on the left side of my mouth by my nose where my skin was peeling and stuff (weather has been hot/cold and back again lately) and on my right temple, and those are gone/smoothed out. My Neutrogena scrub wasn't working on them prior to my using the AHA+ so I think the AHA+ did the trick on these.

I'm feeling my "stopped-on-the-tracks" bump/zit-to-be again and it has definitely flattened more thorughout the day with no redness whatsoever. There's still a little roundness but i think it'll get zapped overnight!.

Was wondering, I have Dan's 10% AHa n i was wondering can it actually be drying for some skins cause it hasn't helped me with the flakiness at all and i use jojoba oil too and that's not helping me either. AhA is helping with bacacne and stopping early pimples "dead their tracks" Does anyone know of something else i could use to have normal feeling skin, not tight or flaky just regular skin lol

It broke me out on the face, and it helped me on the back.

Been using for 2 weeks now i think? Every 3th or other day on the face, and every day on back. Dan says you have te be generous with it, but my skin gets way to irritated (al red and stuff) if i use a lot. MY skin DOES get softer, but ofcourse this is useless if you break out after it...

Maybe your skin has to get used to it by using it every day..

I'm going to proceed using a thin line of AHA every other day, see how it works out.

......Mods, is this true? I don't know much about formaldehyde, but it doesn't sound very good!

Moderators are volunteers who have nothing to do with the danielkern site and in some cases, don't even use the products.

Here's the Contact Us page; I'm sure you can ask specific product questions there:

http://www.acne.org/dk-contact.php