Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wind

Confused =\

Well i been on the regimen for like 3-4 week now. My parents keep telling me to stop, saying that acne is cause from the inside and the regimen not gonna do anything for me. I don't know what to do =\. Should i keep going on the regimen or should i figure out what going on inside my body.

Well i been on the regimen for like 3-4 week now. My parents keep telling me to stop, saying that acne is cause from the inside and the regimen not gonna do anything for me. I don't know what to do =\. Should i keep going on the regimen or should i figure out what going on inside my body.

Continue to use the Regimen! I've just ordered my first box and am very hopeful about it. What do they mean "it's caused from the inside"? The regimen includes medication (Benzoyl) that will penetrate your skin and hopefully clear it. For the most part, acne can be caused by hormones, but I think the regimen will still help with it. Give it a try and see the results!

when they say its cause from the inside they are trying to say acne comes from the stomach i think. i just can't wait to be clear =[ but thanks for replying.

when they say its cause from the inside they are trying to say acne comes from the stomach i think. i just can't wait to be clear =[ but thanks for replying.

No problem! And acne definitely doesn't come from the stomach. They may be referring to the idea that acne is related to what you eat. It's not really known (http://www.acne.org/myths.html ) but in general, I think that it's not really the leading factor. If you notice you have outbreaks after eating certain things, than stay away from 'em. But I think that acne is more of an imbalance in chemicals/hormones/ etc...

Hope ya clear up soon! =)

Follow it precisely for 3-4 months, then you'll know for sure if its worth it to keep on going based on your results.

Have you had any positive results in the time you have been on the regimen?

I agree that acne is not entirely caused by diet, unless you are getting hives from eating something you are allergic too. But that isn't acne anyways, just a skin reaction.

I have seen moderate results while on the regimen, but I have stopped using BP the last 2days b/c all the discoloration/dryness it is causing. I have since found hibiclen as a replacement tx.

Thanks for your replys =] i will stick with the regimen longer now =D take care !

You too! And like Regi says, stick with it for a minimum of 3 months (haha I'm giving advice and I haven't used it yet but still, I believe you should use the regimen!). Here's the timeline link if you haven't seen it yet:

Thanks for your replys =] i will stick with the regimen longer now =D take care !

You too! And like Regi says, stick with it for a minimum of 3 months (haha I'm giving advice and I haven't used it yet but still, I believe you should use the regimen!). Here's the timeline link if you haven't seen it yet:

(New members aren't able to post links until they've been posting for a while; it's a measure we take to prevent spammers and advertisers.)

I believe the link that Laurie Jay was trying to post was probably to the What To Expect page.

(New members aren't able to post links until they've been posting for a while; it's a measure we take to prevent spammers and advertisers.)

I believe the link that Laurie Jay was trying to post was probably to the What To Expect page.

Thanks! And yeah, that's what I was aiming for.

listen to your parents

OP--Please be aware that adamrodriguez is very against most treatments, including The Regimen.

Anyway, a healthy lifestyle can help with acne to some extent, but for some people, treatment is the only way to get clear. The Regimen has worked for hundreds, if not thousands, of people. If you feel like continuing with it, do. Good luck to you. : )

Not knocking the "Regimen", b/c have had mild results, but I can say that I have seen more results in less than 4days w/ Hibiclen than w/ the Regimen w/ over a month.

In fact my post acne healing was dramatically slowed down when I was applied the BP every night. Less than 2days after stopping BP my hyperpigmentation is 30-40% lighter.

And, my breakouts have about completely stopped, which I couldn't say w/ the Regimen.

It is true that many cases of acne result from a regulatory mechanism in our body that changes, such as hormones, or a genetic disposition to acne due to a problem with the skin cells that line the follicular channel, and other problems of that nature, etc.

However, just because the condition stems for something internal does not automatically preclude it from being controlled by means of topical treatment. The regime, or benzoyl peroxide in particular, is not meant to be a *cure* for acne by any means, but rather to be used preventatively - something that stops acne before it starts. Benzoyl peroxide releases oxygen into the airless sebaceous gland and destroys P. acnes before it has a chance to start the body's inflammation process. BP also cuts down on the fatty acids P. acnes produce and thus helps loosen comedones.

It is totally possible that you could attempt to control your acne by other means that attempt to regulate or control internal mechanisms such as antibiotics, accutane, hormonal therapy, etc. But as of now doctors and scientists can't point to any ONE internal mechanism and say "that's the direct cause of acne!" Acne is a multi faceted disease. There are many possible causes, both internal and external. Sometimes they can even be compounded. :( Saying it's soley internal just doesn't seem adequate, imo.

BP is a) relatively cheap and b) one of the few FDA approved over the counter treatments for acne (meaning it has controlled studies backing its claims) and c) has relatively few side effects compared to other more drastic treatments.

I realize BP does not work for many people suffering from acne, but I think it is definately a viable *option* to explore before trying something that has more possible side effects. It's about what works for YOU. Has Dans regime been working for you?

I can say in my personal experience, the side effects of beginning a BP regime (redness, flaky skin) are much preferable to swallowing horrid smelling antibiotics that make my stomach upset, irritated, and gassy, all the while killing off the helpful bacteria that live in my gut. If the regime works for me, I know that the P. acnes bacteria won't be able to form a mutated version that bypasses BP's effects, like some strains have developed a resistance to antibiotics. If I stick with the Regime and it works I won't have to spend a ton of money every month on tazorac or retin-A I had to get a prescription for.

For some people, acne isn't something that simply disappears one day, or the condition that you find the magical *cure* for. It's a long term disease that you have to manage the symptoms of. If the acne is long term I'm going to need to have a long term treatment plan to control it. Dan's regime using BP is topical, yeah, but you've got to weigh a bundle of different factors before making blanket statements like "the cause of acne is internal, the regime won't work for you". It's so much more than that. Ands what of the success stories of people on the regime? If it works for me, I'm going to use it.

is there a reason why your parents are saying to stop the regimen? maybe they noticed something different with your skin?

Just my dad. when he was a kid he struggle with acne and tried things to get rid of his acne and nothing seem to work and he thought i will go the same route he did. But back then he never had Acne.org to go to so this time might be different.

Hey =]

Okay this is how I see it...

Have you done your research when it comes to the DKR regimine by looking at reviews on this website and others, and reading through other people's experiences on the board?

If you think that you have done your research on it, and you believe that it may help the condition of your skin (which it has done for MANY, many others) then continue with it.

There are certain things that you may be more educated on than your parents, (not saying they're not super smart!) But if you've done your research on Dan's regimine, can they say the same? Until they do more research on acne products, or Dan's products, they may not 100% know the answers.

is there a reason why your parents are saying to stop the regimen? maybe they noticed something different with your skin?

Just my dad. when he was a kid he struggle with acne and tried things to get rid of his acne and nothing seem to work and he thought i will go the same route he did. But back then he never had Acne.org to go to so this time might be different.

listen to your father, he is wiser than you and has experienced what acne products do to the face (make things worse), he just loves you and doesnt want you to follow the same route as he did when he was your age. listen to him!

Adam, just stop. You've said your piece. If the kid wants to give The Regimen a shot, stop trying to discourage it. And if they find a different treatment that they want to try, that's fine too. We all know your stance on treatments and whatnot, and you ought to know by now that everybody's skin is different and that everyone has different views on how to treat acne.

Things have changed since Wind's dad was dealing with acne, so don't discourage Wind from trying out options that are available now that weren't then. Older does not necessarily mean wiser. And Wind never said that their dad's acne was made worse by attempting to treat it. Wind said, "when he was a kid he struggle with acne and tried things to get rid of his acne and nothing seem to work". Treatments not working and treatments making things worse are two entirely different things.

Adam, just stop. You've said your piece. If the kid wants to give The Regimen a shot, stop trying to discourage it. And if they find a different treatment that they want to try, that's fine too. We all know your stance on treatments and whatnot, and you ought to know by now that everybody's skin is different and that everyone has different views on how to treat acne.

Things have changed since Wind's dad was dealing with acne, so don't discourage Wind from trying out options that are available now that weren't then. Older does not necessarily mean wiser. And Wind never said that their dad's acne was made worse by attempting to treat it. Wind said, "when he was a kid he struggle with acne and tried things to get rid of his acne and nothing seem to work". Treatments not working and treatments making things worse are two entirely different things.

As far as Adamrodriguez's stance, I actually did the whole "change of diet" thing about a year and half ago (although I never mega-dosed on any supplements because I think that is dangerous). I cut out wheat and dairy and ALMOST managed to cut out sugar ... except for having a tsp in my morning coffee and "inflammatory" fruits and all that. I took B5, zinc/copper, and fish oil liquid supplements. Yes, my body felt different. No, my acne did not change. So, sure, this approach might work for some people, but not everyone. For me, the regimen helped. Everyone is different, c'est is right.