Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ashleee

My Aczone/Differin Log

havent seen one of these yet, so i guess i'll post my progress.

skin type - combination

acne - moderate

started a regimen of aczone in the morning and differin at night about three weeks ago. i started out washing with cetaphil, but switched to clinique acne solutions about a week ago. im still recovering from the cetaphil! if you use it and youve been breaking out more often, i'd switch, because it sucks!

i havent had any new acne since going off cetaphil, and the aczone seems to be working. im not sure about the differin. i'll tell you in "2 to 3 months"

anyone know when this IB is supposed to come around?

ok so things are going good. all those under-the-skin bumps are gone, and most of the on-the-skin ones are going away, too! unfortunately, i tried using some jergens natural glow for face moisturizer and got two new zits, but nothing drastic.

any suggestions for a face self tanner that doesnt make you breakout? i would love you forever

eh... the right side of my face is getting a little iffy. just a little, though. i have one or two new zits, but the others went away. now im left with these nasty little scars and such, but it seems like once one clears another's on its way. its a little annoying. not giving up yet, though!

goal -

drink more water

oh yeah, and i have a big problem with milia around my chin and jawline. does anyone else have this problem? its so annoying!

Hi Ashleee,

Don't know about the IB...some folks say it's about 3 weeks or so. I'm on Aczone and Ziana. I have a problem with milia around my jawline too! It's so frustrating! My skin never looks particularly smooth.

I was using Cetaphil as well for a cleanser, but I recently stopped. It just felt like my skin wasn't getting that clean, and I am really oily.

Keep us updated!

SpecialAgent - ugh, its annoying, isnt it?! i dont know what to do about it!

--------

my face looks a damn mess right now. IB, perhaps? the wierd thing is, there's only like 5 zits that are actually zits. the rest are scars and such. its getting old. i have faith in you, differin! dont let me down!

yesterday i used st ives microderm. scrub, to get off all the dead skin nothing else helps with, you know? my face looked better after that, but after using differin at night i woke up with two new zits. lame.

ok, this is wierd. one side of my face is almost clear, and the other side is totally broken out with big pustules and whiteheads. i dont get it.

i used queen helene mint julupe (?) mask yesterday and used it as a spot treatment at night. i wanna love it, i really do, but it seemed to break me out more. i'll keep trying, its just frustrating =( i've got dance camp next week, and i really hope i look presentable by then.

any replies would be great

ugh! this is so wierd! i have 3 or four bumps that just WONT GO AWAY! i've tried everything on them and theyre still there! theyre really red, big pustules at the edge of my cheek, and there's one white head on my other cheek. im not really seeing any improvement from the differin and aczone. if anything, im worse. this is frustrating! :wall:

lol my life. i only have a few "living" zits, and to many scars to count. a bunch of them are those deep ones that are like dents in the skin =( i've started using Purpose, which seems to be working well. thank you to whoever suggested that to me =)

pink_polka234 - a week is a little early for an IB, sadly =( my skin got bad like that too, then it got worse, and now, as far as i can see, its at least clearing a little. i'm also trying to sleep on my back.

oh, what we do for beauty

ugh. see, my acne is virtually gone, just a lot of scars left, and first i was pretty much crying tears of joy. then i realized that my skin, which wasnt that bad to begin with, looks worse now than it ever did. yeah, i probably wont have as many zits as i used to, but im kind of wondering if it was all worth it. now im kind of in the clear, so its not like im gonna get off differin or anything, but if you have moderate acne and havent started differin yet, request something else. the scars/wait arent really worth it. there are better products out there

jesus... can anyone give me reviews for this vanoxide hc kit? my stupid derm told me its the exact same thing as the aczone, but the two are completely different. none of the same ingredient, and this has a cleanser i have no idea what to do with. my parents wont buy aczone, and they wont let me pay for it either, for no reason. god, im so frustrated cause my skin is great and i dont want to change anything. i know if i just filled the aczone perscription, it would last me months, but now im basically being forced to use this straight up cheap stuff they gave me. i only found two reviews for this. i dont trust it. help, please