Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strato

Is it normal for my face to get really oily after sunbathing? (No sunscreen)

I don't know if that's normal or not, I guess it is. I don't use any sunscreen and I tanned for 2 hours.

It get's oily with less time as well. I'm not a fat guy, I'm pretty athletic, if that matters.

I don't use any sunscreen and I tanned for 2 hours.

:snooty::naughty:

In any case, I don't know the answer to your qurstion, but I think it would make sense for your skin to produce more oil in order to moisturize your overly dried out, probably leathery skin.

It's probably sweat, not oil. The sebaceous glands don't work on a biofeedback method, they don't adjust production of oil due to environmental or skin conditions. They spew forth their creations in a steady-state.

PS: Enjoy your wrinkles.

Sweat makes sense... Wrinkles? Enjoy cancer you get from using hazardous sunscreens. Do you get a tan with sunscreen anyway?

Sweat makes sense... Wrinkles? Enjoy cancer you get from using hazardous sunscreens. Do you get a tan with sunscreen anyway?

Too much sun exposure is damaging to the skin AND can increase your risk for skin cancer. :P

Tans are overrated.

Too much sun exposure is damaging to the skin AND can increase your risk for skin cancer. :P

Tans are overrated.

So are sunscreens. Besides I don't really think 2 hours is too much.

Quote from another site that produces all natural products:

This might seem controversial, considering everything you’ve been told about the importance of protecting your skin from the sun. But we’ve done extensive research into this issue, and here’s what we’ve discovered. The daily use of skincare products containing SPF factors may be dangerous to your health. In fact, there is some evidence they may even be carcinogenic.

SPF factors are synthetic products, which are absorbed into your skin and then into your bloodstream. The jury is still out on the possible harmful effects of some of these chemicals

The only safe sunscreens are those that are not absorbed into the skin, such as zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. But, these are impractical in skin care products as they create a film/barrier on your skin. You should use these if you are out in the sun for long periods. But for the ordinary person to use skincare products containing an SPF factor on a daily basis is nonsense. As well as the negative health effects already mentioned above, the daily use of sunscreen can lead to Vitamin D deficiency.

Recent studies have found up to 60% of Americans are deficient in vitamin D, which is partly due to the explosive increase in sunscreen use.

It’s worth noting that many experts now believe the most deadly form of skin cancer, melanoma, is not caused by excessive exposure to the sun at all. In fact, melanomas commonly appear on parts of the body that never see the sun. The underlying cause of melanomas (like most cancers) is linked to poor nutrition.

Sunscreen = cancer? What kind of poorly produced sunscreen are you using? Maybe your sunscreen has radioactive materials embedded into it.

For every article that says skin cancer is attributed to sunscreen, there's several other articles saying otherwise.

Sunscreen = cancer? What kind of poorly produced sunscreen are you using? Maybe your sunscreen has radioactive materials embedded into it.

For every article that says skin cancer is attributed to sunscreen, there's several other articles saying otherwise.

I don't have a sunscreen. :dance::whistle:

Uh yeah, enjoy your skin cancer. There's actually a PROVEN link between sun exposure and cancer. I don't know where you're getting your pseudo-research on sunscreen from, but I have yet to see any reputable source link sunscreen and cancer.