Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
icaro158

Theese products are too expensive

I read the regim treathment and i saw that it needs a lot of things that are very expansive (if we sum every product)

Are you sure that this forum is only for information and not a place where sell this kind of products?

There's a huge list of widely-available, Regimen-compatible products here. If this site was all about selling Dan's products, why would he post lists of other products you could use in place of his own?

I find that Dan's products are actually significantly cheaper compared to the ones you'd find at the store. Well... at least for the benzoyl peroxide! Even when you add in the shipping price, his BP (for the quantity you get) is cheaper.

Keep in mind that the Regimen products are huge, compared to similar products you can find in stores. Compare ounce for ounce and you'll see they aren't unreasonably priced, in fact they are a bargain! Plus, as Cest LaVigne said, Dan has a list of store brand products you can use if you so choose. It's all about getting clear, whichever products you use.

I find that Dan's products are actually significantly cheaper compared to the ones you'd find at the store. Well... at least for the benzoyl peroxide! Even when you add in the shipping price, his BP (for the quantity you get) is cheaper.

EXACTLY. His BP is - and I am not exaggerating - TRIPLE the size of Proactiv's BP...at the same price.

You do have to spend a fair amount of money when you order (considering shipping and such), BUT 1) as everyone else mentioned, the bottles are huge and 2) they last a very very long time. After about a month or 2 of using Dan's BP, my acne lessened dramatically, and after about half a year, I barely get a bump anymore (knock on wood). So even though I still use his products, I've only had to order twice in the past 2 something years- one for the medium sized BP and one for the large sized one. So compared to how much you would have to pay to go to the derm and/or buy similar products at drugstores, DK's products are actually very cheap. My friend shells out ~$200 at the derm every half a year, and she STILL gets break outs. So it's up to you: $200 for something that doesn't work or $50 for something that does...

Hmm...tough choice.

They're actually a lot cheaper than anything you'll find in stores, you get a lot more for the same price.

if you want to save a lot of money though, i'd suggest buying multiple things at a time and buying the LARGE bottles, not the small ones.

I currently use the AHA+ and since i only use it once a day, it's going to last me awhile, probably at least 3 months. It only cost me $20 including the shipping for a big tube...it costs less than similar AHAs like Paula's Choice and I think she charges more for shipping than Dan.

I am very happy with the AHA and when the current BP i use runs out, I will just order Dan's to get more for my money.

Dan's regimen is something that works! If you're like me, I've tried every product that you can think of. I have even spent up into the $100 mark for acne treatment regimens, and to my dismay, and lost money, It didn't work!! This regimen works for me, so I don't see why anyone would be complaining about the price of a product if it works!

I agree with everyone here - for the amount you are getting (to cover for shipping) the price is very worth it. Way cheaper. Hands down cheaper for the BP. You can't even find BP in stores (on it's own.) Only in a "wash" form. So if you want BP - you're going to have to order it online from somewhere - and Dan's is 16 ounces. HUGE.

Also - Dan does list other products to use - but I must plug using all the DK products together - they do work nicely - AND - you get not just quantity - but quality. Dan is gonna let you know if something changes with ingredients etc... and when you buy products at the store - they tend to "discontinue" at random.

The stuff here is great. I buy in bulk (two or more at a time) and save on shipping.

The price per ounce makes Dan's products one of the cheapest, especially when it comes to the "BP" product.

I have tried Dan's moisturizer, but I prefer other brands at my local convenient store. I'm more open and experimental with my moisturizers. I'm also on the search for a moisturizer that doubles as a great base for mineral makeup application (the Nivea line of moisturizers are currently doing very well for me).

However, when it comes to Dan's AHA I've found a cheaper alternative which is Walgreen's AHA brand. I can't say who's ingredients are better or whatever but Dan's AHA does have lichochalcone included (which I hear is great for your skin) while the Walgreen's brand does not. However I can't ignore the price of Walgreen AHA it's more in my budget.

Related acne.org posts about the walgreens aha product.

Here's what the Walgreen's AHA looks like:

1238020959-62672_thumb.jpg

Ingredients List: Water, Glycolic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Hydroxethylcellulose, magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Peg-40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

I have to say this Walgreen's brands always makes my skin look so great the next morning. I haven't tried Dan's AHA but I have tried Paula Begoune's AHA and I prefer the Walgreen's AHA for it's price and how it makes my skin look the next morning.

As for Salicylic products, I use the Neutrogena "MicroClear" line. They make great BHA (Salicylic Acid) skin care products. Haven't tried Dan's BHA.