Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MPD014

Do fruits really help acne?

Does eating healthy with a lot of fruit, realistically help? If I go to McDonalads and have a meal, will i rly break out? And I heard something about apples and grapes helping alot... not sure though.

There's loads of stuff on this website about the relationship between acne and diet. Certain foods do seem to exacerbate problems in acne-prone skin. I know too much dairy and sugar can cause break outs and overdoing carbohydrates can congest the skin. Personally I find some fruit helps my skin a little. Apples do seem to make a slight improvement in my complexion. However if I eat too many high vitamin C fruits like oranges, I seem to break out afterwards. Grapes are pretty high in sugar so I wouldn't have thought that they help skin much, but I haven't noticed anything either way.

Fruit is always gonna be a much safer bet than eating junk food though... These are just my personal observations!

i find that grapes do really help and also welches grapejuice as its full of antioxidants that keep the skin healthy, along with green tea also as it again ccontains anti oxidants that removes toxins etc from your skin

I did an apple diet, and I saw improvement.

:o

I think bringing in plenty of nutrition in helps. I really havn't noticed bad foods breaking me out much.

I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture, but I'm mistly muscle, so yes, I do eat healthy.

I did an apple diet, and I saw improvement.

:o

I think bringing in plenty of nutrition in helps. I really havn't noticed bad foods breaking me out much.

I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture, but I'm mistly muscle, so yes, I do eat healthy.

Mistly Muscle made me lol. xD

Yeah, I'm a teenager, and I eat lot's of crap! I don't really get broken out by eating bad foods, but everyone is different and some do.

But I have noticed that an improved diet can help.

you are what you eat.

your skin creates a new layer of skin roughly every month.

It can either use McDonald's to build those cells or healthy, nutritious foods.

You choose.

Moved to the Nutrition And Holistic Health board.

The Acne Research board is for discussing the latest acne studies and scientific evidence.

Please read the board descriptions before posting to make sure you're posting on the appropriate board.