Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MPD014

Can the accutane 'stop working'??

Im goin on my 4th month. my face is still a mess. im on 60 mg a day, and next month the doc said hel give me 80. im worried that the accutane now has no effect on me. my face isnt that dry. i cant remember the last time i had to apply cetaphil. my nose is no longer dry, hurting and bleeding. and my back no longer hurts (joint pain side-affect). wats happening?

your story sounds similar to mine :)

I was originally supposed to be on a 5 month course of 80 mgs. by the 5th month, my triglycerides were over 400 and my face was still a mess. we lowered my dosage to an alternating 40 mgs one day and 80 mgs the next and i stayed on accutane for an extra 2.5 months. in those extra months, my skin cleared up completely and i have only had 1 or 2 small breakouts!!! i didnt have dry skin on my face during my entire course and it was only in the last few weeks that my lips and eyes got extremely dried out.

my doctor said that everyone has a different tolerance/resiliency to the drug and for some of us, it may take longer.