Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OpheliasFire

Timing between PC toner and exfoliation

I've been using Paula's Choice products for about a month now, and I LOVE them! I've been struggling with acne for about 12 years, and I feel like I've tried everything under the sun, so it's a relief to find something that finally seems like it might work. :dance:

I've been following this routine:

AM:

+ Wash with Purpose Gentle Cleanser

PM:

+ Wash with Purpose Gentle Cleanser

+ Tone with Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Toner

+ Exfoliate with Paula's Choice BHA 2%

I experienced some "purging" (I hate that term, but I don't know what else to call it, lol) during week 2 or 3, but my skin is really clearing and looking nice. My cheeks are smooth and soft, and I'm not breaking out nearly as much. The only area I'm really waiting on to clear up is my forehead, which is the area I tend to have the most difficulty with anyhow. It's starting to smooth out, but it's just taking a little longer than the rest of my face.

Anyway... my question is this: How long should I wait after applying the toner before applying the exfoliating lotion? I've noticed that the longer I wait in between applications, the better it seems to work. Anyone have a specific time frame that has worked for them? 10 minutes? 20 minutes? Longer?