Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question: Is glycolic acid going to help this....?

post-66301-1245675711_thumb.jpg

post-66301-1245675728_thumb.jpg

I have not gotten a cyst in I don't know how long - at least 4 weeks. I just went to VA on the weekend of June 5, and I had a breakout on my cheeks then, with another breakout last week. That breakout is clearing now and I have a couple TEENY pimples on my cheeks (maybe 3 on right, 1 on left) with lumpiness on forehead and chin (those non-inflamed bumps under the skin), and clogged pores on forehead, chin, and nose (also a few blackheads, especially on nose). Hyperpigmentation and red marks on entire face.

I wanted to purchase a few samples from makeupartistschoice.com, including either a glycolic peel or the pumpkin mask with 5% glycolic acid. I don't know which would be better - the low concentration mask or the higher percentage peel? I've never had a peel in my life btw. This with the Green Tea facial bar, Rosehips Hibiscus Scar Cream, and perhaps the Aloe with Lavender Gel if I can't find an aloe vera plant in my neighborhood by then (I have been unsuccessful in my search).

Which would be the better choice? I'm not going to do the lactic acid, only because I am trying to solve more than one problem with one product. Hopefully you guys will be able to help.

Thanks!

post-66301-1245675711_thumb.jpg

post-66301-1245675728_thumb.jpg

I don't see scars; I do see red marks or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

Glycolic acid of 10% used every day (once a day) or every other day can help with clogged pores. A topical retinoid (Retin A) can also help with the exfoliation you'd need to improve both the red marks and the clogged pores that lead to inflamed lesions.

I would NOT recommend a glycolic peel; those can trigger another outbreak in someone who is not yet clear. I'd suggest sticking with a more gentle daily treatment like a 10% glycolic acid. 2% salicylic acid used daily or twice daily would also help with both the red marks and with preventing clogged pores.

Have you tried benzoyl peroxide? That would definitely help with the inflamed lesions you have.

I don't see scars; I do see red marks or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

Glycolic acid of 10% used every day (once a day) or every other day can help with clogged pores. A topical retinoid (Retin A) can also help with the exfoliation you'd need to improve both the red marks and the clogged pores that lead to inflamed lesions.

I would NOT recommend a glycolic peel; those can trigger another outbreak in someone who is not yet clear. I'd suggest sticking with a more gentle daily treatment like a 10% glycolic acid. 2% salicylic acid used daily or twice daily would also help with both the red marks and with preventing clogged pores.

Have you tried benzoyl peroxide? That would definitely help with the inflamed lesions you have.

Thanks for answering :)

I actually have small ice-pick scars, but they are really tiny. Almost like an enlarged pore - it's there but not VERY noticeable. Could you recommend a product? Would the pumpkin mask be a good idea or no? As I said, it's only 5%, so I don't know if it would actually help anything or make it worse.

I have Nature's Cure BP that I use, and it does help. I don't use it regularly, just when I absolutely need to.

If you have any specific product recommendations, it would be greatly appreciated - Thanks.

hey 10% nucelle mandelic acid would be best than glyolic

Hey - anywhere to get this that you had positive results from? Thanks

I don't see any prominent atrophic (deep dented) scarring so I assume you are talking about the hyperpigmentation (dark aftermarks).

The best solution for you is SILICONE (quick fyi, burn victims use silicone sheets to fade their burn scars), using dimethicone or other silicone derivatives. It is the active ingredient in ScarZone. You can buy scarzone from any pharmacy, but I would also suggest you look into a pure silicone solution like the one in personalformulator:

http://www.thepersonalformulator.com/wvss/...3nd46oio6ahnn46

Price is only 3$ but they'll rape you with the 10$ shipping so buy other products like lactic-acid from them as well, it's dirt cheap. Otherwise, you can buy ScarZone in the mean time.

Source:

I'm a health care provider

EDIT:

you mentioned ice-pick, so for that, don't do dermarolling, instead buy diabetic lancets from the pharmacy that has a high gauge (around 30 above), the higher the gauge, the thinner the needle which is more preferred. (You'll probably know this if you've had body piercing.) So do the needling and buy a numbing cream, like Lanacane or EMLA from the pharmacy, alcohol, and invest in a Copper Peptide cream from SkinBiology. I fixed my icepicks that way. All gone.