Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SaraJ0906

Accutane and Sore Throat

Hi...

I am almost done with my 2nd month of Accutane. I am taking 80mg (40mg 2x daily) and have had symptoms like aching joints and headaches, which I know are from the medicine. Within the past 2 weeks, though, I have developed a really weird sore throat. It's not scratchy or particularly dry, but sore. Almost like there is something stuck there. It almost feels like the left side of my throat has a lump in it. I had a sinus cold due to allergies to pollen (which seemed more severe than usual, probably due to the Accutane) and I'm thinking this could be from that too. I'm just concerned because this is just a really odd sore throat. Also, it only really hurts at night. Any thoughts on this?

You need to let your derm know about all theese side effects you are having. You may need to have your dose lowered. 80mg is pretty high dose.

Headaches are not a good sign either, and for joint pain it might go away after your course, but your in your 2nd month and getting theese things. It doesn't always go away for some after thier course.

Also for the throat, I know it can cause irritation to the esphogaus(spelling?) You can read about the information on this webpage by roche. There are 46 pages so I am not sure which page it is on.

http://www.rocheusa.com/products/accutane/pi/pdf

Call your derm, Lower your dose, drink lots of water and if the sides don't go away stop accutane

Hi...

I am almost done with my 2nd month of Accutane. I am taking 80mg (40mg 2x daily) and have had symptoms like aching joints and headaches, which I know are from the medicine. Within the past 2 weeks, though, I have developed a really weird sore throat. It's not scratchy or particularly dry, but sore. Almost like there is something stuck there. It almost feels like the left side of my throat has a lump in it. I had a sinus cold due to allergies to pollen (which seemed more severe than usual, probably due to the Accutane) and I'm thinking this could be from that too. I'm just concerned because this is just a really odd sore throat. Also, it only really hurts at night. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks so much for the info. I have a derm appointment on Thursday, so I'm going to definitely bring this up to her. Thanks again!