Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
endog

Clean and Clear acne cleanser with 10% BP question.

So I unwittingly bought the clean and clear acne control cleanser with Benzoyl Peroxide, just to realize it said cleanser later. It was the only product that contained BP, so I thought it was BP. I didn't quite pick up on whether BP is supposed to be a cleanser or just a gel/cream on it's own?

Can I use the cleanser the same way the regimen BP says I should use? Or should I just throw it out?

It's a facial cleanser. There for it probably won't act the same. If you haven't opened it yet, you can return it and get some BP. Most come in a little tube.

It's a facial cleanser. There for it probably won't act the same. If you haven't opened it yet, you can return it and get some BP. Most come in a little tube.

i agree. if you want to go on the regimen, i think it'd be difficult to use a cleanser as your source for bp .. since it's not meant to stay on the skin. sucks because the only 2.5 bp i've found OTC is the neutrogena.

Guest missyjean130

Well when you wash you face with a BP product it usually says something along the lines of," Apply in circular motion with fingertips for about 30 seconds" That's supposed to give it enough time for the BP to kill the bacteria,I'm sure. BP as a cleanser,in my experience,is also far less irritating because it doesn't sit on your skin for hours.