Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadbeat007

Makeup remover for very sensitive skin

I recently bought Revlon Colorstay foundation since it seems to cover so well. However, I tried using my oil-free Loreal eye makeup remover on it, but it didn't really budge. My skin is *extremely* sensitive, so I can't really scrub it much. Do you guys have any makeup remover suggestions that can cut through foundation without irritating my skin? Thanks!

I agree with duchamp. Also, do not use any makeup remover wipes, those were horrible with Colorstay. The Trader Joe's soap I told you about works really well for me. For some reason soap has always worked well for my skin. I have dry skin, and it irritates easily if I use too many products at once. Currently, i'm taking a break from any topicals, i'm only using the soap and then moisturizing afterward because my skin was getting really flaky with the BP use.

Liz Earle cleanse and polish hot cloth cleanser usually helps get off every last scrap of my make-up but it is very gentle so it'd be great for sensitive skin, too.

I have always used unscented baby wipes to take off my makeup, even when I used to wear colorstay. They work and are super gentle.

I take off my face makeup with a cotton ball dipped in apple cider vinegar and water. It cuts through Studio Fix, maybe it'll work for Colorstay, too.

I like to remove my makeup (especially eye shadow/mascara) with Vaseline...I put some on a tissue and gently go over my whole face with it. It is good for sensitive skin, acts as a moisturizer and doesn't clog your pores. After, I wash with Spectrojel (for dry/sensitive skin) to remove the rest.. Cetaphil is another good brand.

Edited by Jennywho