Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShyGuyNJ

I can't take it much anymore!!!

Why the hell is it that when I look around everywhere I go, pretty much everyone has a nice complexion on their face but I have acne all over my face, a slight redness on my face, and an oily complexion? Why am I being singled out here for this torment I have to go through on a daily basis? Am I being punished in this life?

I'm to the point where I am depressed most days. I have very few good days, and many mediocre to bad days because of my continuing acne problem. I hate the fact I have acne. I hate the face I have a redness to my face from just trying to cure my acne. I hate the fact that my face is oily not even 45 minutes after I wash it and stays that way for the rest of the day. What the hell did I ever do to deserve this, yet 95% of the people around me look perfect in their face?

I try to put on a happy face for work during the week, but I'm always thinking about either how bad my acne must look to people around me or how oily my face looks to people around me. It's to the point where I don't go out much outside of going to work, don't talk or meet up with my friends much anymore, and just stay at home trying not to worry about how my face looks and feels. I'll go out for the occasional drinks with my family for birthdays and such, but that's it. I lie and keep up a charade to people that I actually do things socially. Hell, I can't even get the nerve to ask out a girl I like because I see she has a perfect looking face while I'm this guy who has an oily face and looks like I'm sweating all the damn time.

I don't know what to do. I can't take this anymore. Why Me? I've spent the last two nights on this forum, not doing much of anything outside of trying to find some answers on this site. As you can tell, THIS is one of the bad days for me. I have more days like this as opposed to slightly better days where i can motivate myself to run on the treadmill, do push ups and situps, and do some stretching while sitting at home watching TV (although watching the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien does cheer me up a little).

That's all I wanted to get off my chest.....for now.

Why the hell is it that when I look around everywhere I go, pretty much everyone has a nice complexion on their face but I have acne all over my face, a slight redness on my face, and an oily complexion? Why am I being singled out here for this torment I have to go through on a daily basis? Am I being punished in this life?

I'm to the point where I am depressed most days. I have very few good days, and many mediocre to bad days because of my continuing acne problem. I hate the fact I have acne. I hate the face I have a redness to my face from just trying to cure my acne. I hate the fact that my face is oily not even 45 minutes after I wash it and stays that way for the rest of the day. What the hell did I ever do to deserve this, yet 95% of the people around me look perfect in their face?

I try to put on a happy face for work during the week, but I'm always thinking about either how bad my acne must look to people around me or how oily my face looks to people around me. It's to the point where I don't go out much outside of going to work, don't talk or meet up with my friends much anymore, and just stay at home trying not to worry about how my face looks and feels. I'll go out for the occasional drinks with my family for birthdays and such, but that's it. I lie and keep up a charade to people that I actually do things socially. Hell, I can't even get the nerve to ask out a girl I like because I see she has a perfect looking face while I'm this guy who has an oily face and looks like I'm sweating all the damn time.

I don't know what to do. I can't take this anymore. Why Me? I've spent the last two nights on this forum, not doing much of anything outside of trying to find some answers on this site. As you can tell, THIS is one of the bad days for me. I have more days like this as opposed to slightly better days where i can motivate myself to run on the treadmill, do push ups and situps, and do some stretching while sitting at home watching TV (although watching the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien does cheer me up a little).

That's all I wanted to get off my chest.....for now.

I think I can honestly say everyone here knows exactly how you feel. :D

Life seems to play those mean tricks on us at times... and it seems pretty damn shitty. Why us, right? Why were we chosen to be singled out out of everyone? Why were we meant to suffer like this?

But it isn't all that bad. Think about the things you hide inside you, that isn't visible on the outside. We're all dealt with problems and issues, and that's what life is. You deal with the struggles and you move on.

I think it's a challenge, this... what we all have to face. Sure, it sucks. But what can you do about it? You can go out and buy all the acne products there are... but you're probably just messing it up worse, we were born with skin and not with lotion and cleanser and toner and medication slathered all over it. But we were also born with the issues.

Think about it this way, a quote I found yesterday:

Life is ten percent what happens, and ninety percent how you respond to it.

Ponder that and think about the problems the people you SEE have - they may not be shown on the outside for display, but never underestimate people and what they're dealing with. No one in this world has it easy.

If you need any advice or want someone to talk to, shoot me a PM =]

Why is that when I get a new car I begin to notice more of them on the street?

God could be punishing you to teach you a lesson - that's what I thought. But if God gave us free will and can't intervene with our lives, then you can't really say he's punishing you. If God is what religious people say he is, then it's pretty shitty that he didn't kill Hitler before he burned millions of innocent people. If anything God just an observer and a caretaker; he's not running the place.

Life sucks.

See above.

That's very well said, Lyssa! :clap:

I can certainly relate, ShyGuyNJ. I used to be downright reclusive because of what scarring I have. But that was many years ago. Now, it's a difference of night and day compared to back then. I've realized that things are 80% less bad as I thought they were; for a large part it really was all in my head. I've really overcome the insecurities I had for a great deal. Now, when I'm out having a drink with my friends, for instance, my skin is on my mind, maybe once or twice during the whole evening...

You can get there too, if you approach things the right way. The acne is something which you don't control, but how you think/look at things/approach situations etc. are things you DO control. And if you work on those things, life is bound to get better for you.

Hang in there, man. :)

Thanks for the advice. I'm defiantly gonna start using sunblock like carrie said, even though I was dumb enough to know I should of used it but didn't. Hopefully I find a way to get rid of the redness and the oily skin.

Oh well, I'll probably go out and watch The Hangover and then drink a lot and get one myself. At least when I go out drinking on occasion, I don't think about my skin because I'm busy being stupid and drunk :)