Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DitVit

Starting to work out

2morow i am going to get a a membership at century fitness but there is one problem. me and my friend during the middle of the school year talked about going to the gym together. well just 2 days ago he told me that he had got a membership and told me to join. i was liek [email protected]#@.

i new him for like 2 yrs but we got to be pretty close friends this year. we both have acne but i pretty much got mines under control over past year and a half thanks to the holistic section. Well ever since we starting being clsoe friends i tried to help him clear his acne. one somewat major dispute was dieting. he eats pretty healthy( we both r asian) but his house has a lot of processed snacks and he says things such as "i live to eat" and im like ok...fine?

we are both 5'4 and i weigh about 107 pounds i dont no about him like 115? im 16 and hes 18. We arent trying to get jacked up but just lean and strong muscle. since i got acne i pretty much try to stay from anything unatural such as lotion, soap and processed foods. So now that im am starting to workout there is one problem, an acne friendly diet.

one thing im worried about is protein shakes. is it possible to build muscle effieciently without the aid of protein shakes? i pretty much have really no clue how i am soppose to change my diet. i no you have to sperate ur meals at about 3 hr intervals and that to get good sources of protein from chicken breast, turkey, and i think tuna? also to get good carbs like oatmeal and sweet potatoe.

my friend on the other hand says he not going to change his asian diet besides to add in protein shakes. im like,you cant do that and that u need to change your diet and that protein shakes can cause you to get even more acne. he seems like he wouldnt want to go natural so im asking anyone who has experience to help me out on an acne friendly diet and good protein shake for my friend (cost doesnt matter since his family loaded). i on the hand am not as wealthy lol and im afriad that i cant afford to buy high quality stuff such as chicken breast thats free range/ and not pumped with hormones and etc...So please help me create a friendly diet and cost effecient one as well thanks :[

David AKa

Bruce Lee Wannabe Lol

i don't like to give advice unless i am 100% sure if it is valid or not... in terms of dieting, i can't help you too much involving acne, but in terms of lifting i can tell you how to gain the most muscle in the shortest period of time; do the compound exercises.

These include squats, deadlifts, bench press, OH press, rows, chinups, dips.... They work the most muscles per exercise, try checking out Mark Rippetoe's 3x5 program.

As far as diet goes in terms of weightlifting, it's pretty simple; if you want to bulk up and get bigger, eat more. If you want to get more lean muscle, eat less. Regardless your diet should include fruits/diets and be high in protein. Eggs are a great source of protein to eat and i don't think they are bad for acne either. I would recommend avoiding milk (due to popular demand, and i have also stopped drinking milk) and pretty much substituting every single drink for water. Make sure you shower or clean after every workout, and try to avoid wiping your face with your hands/sweaty shirt during the workout. A lot of people have been using the same equipment that you are using, so yes it is pretty dam dirty. Bring a towel or use what they have at the gym. Good luck man! Oh, and almonds are also real good in my opinion. I eat at least a handful every day

hey thx for the reply. i think eating eggs doesnt cause me to break out and hopefully organic eggs arent too expensive. and also im not trying to bulk up asap im currently 2x12 on my upper and lower body on machines. i was going to start free weights after a couple months of using machines cause i guess it would be better?o.o i was wondering if i would really need protein shakes if im not trying to bulk up asap. just today one of my other friends told me one of his friends use to work out without using protein shakes and his chest muscles like kinda got ripped or sumthing because he overworked them and his muscle didnt heal fast enough cuz he didnt drink protein shake. and if so if im right whey isolate is the safest and effective one to use if u think dairy causes acne

hey thx for the reply. i think eating eggs doesnt cause me to break out and hopefully organic eggs arent too expensive. and also im not trying to bulk up asap im currently 2x12 on my upper and lower body on machines. i was going to start free weights after a couple months of using machines cause i guess it would be better?o.o i was wondering if i would really need protein shakes if im not trying to bulk up asap. just today one of my other friends told me one of his friends use to work out without using protein shakes and his chest muscles like kinda got ripped or sumthing because he overworked them and his muscle didnt heal fast enough cuz he didnt drink protein shake. and if so if im right whey isolate is the safest and effective one to use if u think dairy causes acne

that's good.. the organic eggs may be more expensive, you'd have to check that out though. The machines do pretty much jack shit for you.. Might as well stay home and do some bodyweight stuff like pushups/dips/pullups/chinups and you'll see better results in my opinion. Start off low with the barbell exercixes like squats/deads.. You will feel like a pussy at first, but you will add weight each workout and you will see mad gains (i have already seen awesome gains in a little over a month). Your friend didn't have a torn muscle because of not drinking a protein shake lol. Your body grows when you're out of the gym... rest up and eat protein. He worked it too hard or used too much weight. Not giving a muscle enough time to heal will make it sore, but "ripping" a muscle is much different. It's not 100% necessary to drink a protein shake, it's just an excellent source of protein/vitamins. I have read on here that whey isolate is good, but i can't give my word for it.