Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vannessa

Ice Pick Scarring- How to cover it?

I wanted to know how I could possibly cover up the scars. Do I use concealer? The scarring causes my skin to be unevenly leveled so the redness may be covered with the liquid foundation but the scarring is still very visible. Any help would be very much appreciated. :)

I'm not much of a make up user but I'm trying it out now.

Thanks.

A primer is good to use before your foundation. I would also recommend using concealer on your more troubled areas.

I have scarring to and I think my scars are better covered when I apply a powder over my makeup, it kind of helps to level it out a bit. Other than that I haven't had much luck with covering them up!

do your makeup as normal, then try a dab of a primer over the scar. I know Smashbox makes a good one and you could also use Monistat Chaffing Gel, which is available in the feminie care section of a CVS/SDM. I've heard that it can completely fill in deep scars, however I don't know how long it lasts, so you might want to test it out first (and be careful so you don't smudge it on anything while you wear it). But yeah, just apply a small amount with a fine-tipped brush right over foundation/concealer/powder where you need it =)

If you try this, please post how long it can last!!

I agree with using powder... I have kinda light scars and the powder seems to cover them .. I put a lil bit of foundation and just more powder cause I notice when I put too much foundation you could see my scars more.