Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danlagioi

life is over because of acne scars!

sigh........ WHY ME? i asked this damn question everyday, what did i do to deserve this, others get to enjoy life and have relationships, but me? im locked in my own personal prison every damn day thinking about my bad acne scars and im thinking its time to put an end to it!

tried everything, painful laser and peels, worked very lil to none! im hopeless!

so frigging unfair! i struggled my whole childhood with self-esteem, then i reach late teen with a whole new identity, with full-throttle confidence ready to have a great life and again, some shit just has to hit me to keep me down, this time its bad irreversible acne scars! im feeling like its fate, like its somebody up there or sumtin playin a joke on me, never let me have a break!

cant believe acne scars could have such bad impact huh? i mean, not even therapy would even help us because those moderfockers are still there, sticking with us everywhere we go!

i go out seeing other people, like 99 percent of them not having this problem and get to be FREE, but why me? y me having to take this 1 percent, and i dont really have real manly physical features to cope with it anyway(u no, scars only making u more manly), im chinese, having weak features(light skin, lil nose, small eyes), then how da fuk am i gona be able to cope with it? man, all my great potentials are shut out by this problem man, i dont want no damn pity from people, stiffing themselves up to like talking to me face to face, but i know deep down, they are refraining cuz of my badly damaged appearance THAT IS NONE OF MY DAMN FAULT IN A MILLION YEARS!

dont u think i wouldnt want a nice clear face? dont u think i didnt wish this shitty problem never happened? every damn day! it is not my fault! it gets worse to the point that i now have to constantly avoid bad lighting(like never stay directly under a light) to ease things up! like i said, NO FREEDOM, IM TRAPPED! i cant concentrate, school is failing, impossible to approach girls!

sigh...... to all u out there, i just wanna say i feel ur pain, its like we have been "chosen" unlucky ones or sumtin. and those others that say its no problem and we should feel better can go F... themselves because they wont EVER understand what we are going thru! if we didnt have this problem, we'd be kings, we'd be social elites, better than they will ever be right? too bad we have it! we wanna live big, live large, not settle for scraps! this shit problem has demoted our lives man!

anybody wanna talk IM RIGHT HERE!

someone deleted my first comment, I was just saying you shouldn't worry about it because everyone has there "problem". you its acne scarring others its being fat, balding, missing a leg, stretch marks, no money, sleeping disorder, OCD, prison, bullyed, toe fungus, being pale, bad vision. everyone close around me has there "problem". What ever your problem is you have to understand the struggle. The struggle is what makes you and don't let it bring you down. GRIND TILL YOU DIE.

Although not for my scars, I've felt despair before

it is horrible, but it's only even more hellish if you give up

you probably already saw this, but here is if you didn't. someone just posted it, it might help http://www.acne.org/messageboard/guys-t217908.html

face isn't everything. Work out to have a toned athletic body, get a cool hair style, idk.

don't lose hope man.

Have you considered searching for laser alternatives. There's a great Dr here in Sydney, Australia. You should google her, Dr Scheibner

sounds like my life story lol, we are all the same here.

well you know, let's do it step by step, like how fat people do it. i sometimes feel so guilty that i am fixated with this scarring problem because a lot of people have really serious life issues not as mundane as scarring but hey, they are all legitimate problems, no matter how shallow or life changing they may be.

sigh........ WHY ME? i asked this damn question everyday, what did i do to deserve this, others get to enjoy life and have relationships, but me? im locked in my own personal prison every damn day thinking about my bad acne scars and im thinking its time to put an end to it!

tried everything, painful laser and peels, worked very lil to none! im hopeless!

so frigging unfair! i struggled my whole childhood with self-esteem, then i reach late teen with a whole new identity, with full-throttle confidence ready to have a great life and again, some shit just has to hit me to keep me down, this time its bad irreversible acne scars! im feeling like its fate, like its somebody up there or sumtin playin a joke on me, never let me have a break!

cant believe acne scars could have such bad impact huh? i mean, not even therapy would even help us because those moderfockers are still there, sticking with us everywhere we go!

i go out seeing other people, like 99 percent of them not having this problem and get to be FREE, but why me? y me having to take this 1 percent, and i dont really have real manly physical features to cope with it anyway(u no, scars only making u more manly), im chinese, having weak features(light skin, lil nose, small eyes), then how da fuk am i gona be able to cope with it? man, all my great potentials are shut out by this problem man, i dont want no damn pity from people, stiffing themselves up to like talking to me face to face, but i know deep down, they are refraining cuz of my badly damaged appearance THAT IS NONE OF MY DAMN FAULT IN A MILLION YEARS!

dont u think i wouldnt want a nice clear face? dont u think i didnt wish this shitty problem never happened? every damn day! it is not my fault! it gets worse to the point that i now have to constantly avoid bad lighting(like never stay directly under a light) to ease things up! like i said, NO FREEDOM, IM TRAPPED! i cant concentrate, school is failing, impossible to approach girls!

sigh...... to all u out there, i just wanna say i feel ur pain, its like we have been "chosen" unlucky ones or sumtin. and those others that say its no problem and we should feel better can go F... themselves because they wont EVER understand what we are going thru! if we didnt have this problem, we'd be kings, we'd be social elites, better than they will ever be right? too bad we have it! we wanna live big, live large, not settle for scraps! this shit problem has demoted our lives man!

anybody wanna talk IM RIGHT HERE!

OMG i avoid bad lighting as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought i was the only one that thought about this!!! But let me tell you i think the Wal-Mart around my house has some of the the worst lighting and i definitely avoid going there unless i have to!

it's sad because this is a problem that effects a lot of people emotionally (as well as physically).

It makes you:

-self conscious

-avoid lighting for f***'s sake

-scared of making intimate relationships

-worry if someone is looking at you or your scars

-avoid eye contact

-angry

-sad

-feel hopeless.

I know these feelings.

I know them all. I am only 23 years old. I am extremely self conscious about my right cheek. The worst is when my family say it's not bad and that I am crazy...when I know I am far from it. They barely look at it and see me in okay lighting and do not take careful consideration and look at it properly and genuinely sympathize.

The worst is when I see a doctor to have a procedure done "subcision" and the main rolling scar I had is slightly better...but ther eis a new scar next to it a line-like one.

So what is the answer? How do people who have lives...like jobs fix this issue? How do we fix something that has so many controversial procedures that may make things EVEN WORSE?

It is a sad and hopeless situation to be in.

Other people have other problems and I can genuinely sympathize with them...and other people are dying every day...however my answer to that is yes that is awful, but so is living a "half-life" in which you are a prisoner to yourself and self torment.

MY final thought: The only true way to get rid of deeper scars is finding a dermatological surgeon that can actually get in there and do effective subcision, dermal graft, skin graft, and possibly followed by a laser.

Do research on clinical trials by doctors of subcision and grafting to find MEDICAL facts, do not trust what everyone says. Find a proper doctor that is fair in pricing and affordability and also has lots of experience, then make a plan of attack.

That is the best you can do. In the mean time work on improving aspects of your life/physique and try to avoid looking at yourself, yea I know easier said than done. But do the best you can and find a doctor and work towards a goal. Best option you can do.

I have asked myself the same question for 10 years.

The thing is, I don't think i will ever be able to come to terms with it. If someday I kill myself, it is due to these traumatic scars. No one will ever know as I almost never complained it to anyone, but the deep insecurity has completely ruined my life and made happiness impossible.

sorry, the "inner beauty" theory will never work. It is always easy to say that unless they have the scars on their own face. It is the first thing people say, and yes, people do judge the books by the cover. It is simply inevitable.

Never give up, where there is a will there is a way, you can fix your scars.

As from a girls perspective, i've found that acne scars don't really detract me away from an otherwise cute face.

Depends on the severity of them.

Mine are bad only on my right cheek. My left cheek is almost flawless in comparison. Some areas of my right cheek don't appear bad in certain lights, and some lights look awful.

Then the next bad part is worrying about people talking to me from that perspective, and then thinking I see, or actually seeing people's eyes roam towards that area, and becoming selfconscious.

People without them can't sympathize. I suppose life could be worse if you were missing limbs...or you could just not be alive.

Only thing I recommend to all of you is try and achieve regardless, make a plan to attack the scars, stick to the plan, don't get down on it as much, and stay the course of the plan and maybe you can achieve improvement.

I recommend all of you to begin using a topical retinoid immediately over long term may help. I.e. tazorac, retin A, etc.

Also I recommend good skin care, easy face wash, occasionally exfoliate, good sun tan lotion, stopping acne if yours persists. Seeking skin therapy from advanced dermatologists and skin surgeries such as subcision, dermal graft, skin grafts, in combination with laser for those that have pitted scarring.

That is all i can really recommend. Make a plan. Stick to it, and stay strong no matter how hard it gets.

That's waht I'm doing. I don't want to give up. Neither should you.

To the OP, I am in your boat. My problem is though, my disgusting scars are on my chest! I will never be able to take off my shirt in public again. I couldn't possibly imagine any SANE girl not minding these fuckers. Why would any chick want me, my 5'6" dwarfism, and the most unclear body skin on the fucking planet when there is a taller, clearer skin guy around EVERY FUCKING CORNER? I'm just as depressed as you, probably more, and forget what these optimists say, there is no hope. At least, not for my scars. Fuck, maybe your scars may actually be treatable or will fade in time. My keloid scars are THE hardest scars to treat!!! Virtually impossible! And you better believe I think about this every day. How can't you when you go to school and EVERY other person on the entire fucking campus is taller and has clearer skin?

As for the second poster, "deadliest catch," your claims are bullshit. People don't have their own problems. If you are a fatass, then you can diet and exercise. If you are poor, then you get a god damn job. If you're balding, you get a rug. If you lost a leg, you get a prosthetic. For untreatable acne scars, YOU ARE FUCKED. Unless you know of a doctor who does full torso skin transplants? Didn't think so.

Wow, what a depressing thread. I am older than all of you, but I am addicted to forums(mostly Hockey & Politics) so I drop in regularly. I am from an era when people didn't have the great options that are available today. I went through Dermabrasion and Regualr CO2 and it wasn't until I tried the Fraxel Re:pair that I got any satisfaction. Instead of buying that new hot car spend the money on what will really change your life. Re:pair is my path, but there are other options. My Re:pair process has been going on for 15 months and will take at least 27 to complete.

Homer, when you see Al Pacino do you think about how tall he is, or are you impressed with the man? I work with 2 commissioners who are probably about 5'6" and one who about 6'8" and believe me it is the really tall guy that sticks out.

I can actually say having fought this for over 10 years with dermabrasion, punch grafts, silicone, Fraxel 2 (8 rounds at highest settings) it is the prospect of having them for life that hurts the most. The shadowing is what NEVER improves and that is what gets me down the most.

Yea lets face it we live in a world were looks matter[ you can say what you want but you know its true!] they either help you get ahead or hold you back its treads. It feels awful!

Homer, when you see Al Pacino do you think about how tall he is, or are you impressed with the man? I work with 2 commissioners who are probably about 5'6" and one who about 6'8" and believe me it is the really tall guy that sticks out.

See, it's not who I'm impressed with, it's who girls are impressed with. And the truth is, they like the taller guys, no matter what they actually tell you.

Ive had acne for 33 years and i didn't start getting treatment until i was 18.,in all ive had 33 years of hell (still fighting scarring) and 12 year of a good life,12 years out of 45 is f*****g terrible.I wish i'd have died now when i tried to kill myself (overdose) some 20 years ago bc of what i know now.

I know there is always worse ppl than me,Like my GF brother.He got MS at the age of 18 and he couldn't do anything for himself after the last 10 year of his life,even having to buzz the nurses to help him turn over in bed.He died from the disease on 17 December last year aged 53 which was a blessing really.Even this didn't make me feel better nor did it help my scarring,i still want to die.

Alot of ppl on this board ain't got bad scarring like me,if they did then they would look at life differently.

I agree with Dudley...

Also I just wanna say, life ain't over because of acne scars. Sorry to say...some people here barely started their life...there are TONS TONS TONS of other problems bigger than acne scars.

I will have to somewhat agree though ok ii the US at least, height plays a good factor in getting noticed, although you CAN work on other things like getting fit, etc..associating with the right people (some think that being successful will attract more women...yes, but they're gold diggers and you don't necessarily attract the right ones).

We live in an era now where you have MANY options...I'm like Dudley...growing up, I didn't even have BP gel or any other laser for that matter...and only a small handful of people that I saw in the gallery that I thought had severe acne scars, even those are treatable.

I will say this though (and I learn from experience)....great attitude WILL attract the right people too. Shallow people? They can go fly a kite...the good ones will appreciate you.

Just keep on improving yourself...and remember ya can't be liked by everybody. Trust me I know. I've tried.

Nobody is on this board because we look like movie stars. I was going to say Brad Pitt, but after seeing "Inglorius Bastards"(a good movie) I know he's not perfect. I have been working on and fretting about my skin probably longer that many of you have been alive, so I really don't want to hear this whining about wanting to die. Save the melodrama for those not in the same boat as you, maybe they will buy it. Haven't you ever heard the quote from Shakespeare's famous "To be or not to be" sililoquy?

HAMLET: To be, or not to be--that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles

And by opposing end them.

Give up if you want, but I am seeing success finally!, and I will push on and so will most other people. Technology is wonderful, and with the Human Roadblock George Bush out of the way maybe we will see true progress on Stem Cell Research. I am going to hang around to see what tomorrow brings.

you guys look at life as all terrible with your scarring. What you need to do is take a break from your problems. You know what i enjoy a lot, during the summer I love taking naps, and lay around the house all day doing nothing. I turn on the tv, maybe put a movie in and just kick back. its simple but it gets the job done.

well aside from the scarring, which I have, my boyfriend is shorter than me, in fact every boyfriend I have ever had was (except for one guy and that lasted 2 weeks) anyway I know that there are plenty of attractive girls who dont care about height..... in fact for girls who dont watch inane tv like gossip girls and shop 24/7, height is the least of what they look for

and Im 5'7'' so I have dated some shorties

I have been working on and fretting about my skin probably longer that many of you have been alive

I wonder how old Dudley is now...you make it sound like you're so old your social security number is 1! :ninja::razz:

I know. It feels bad. Everytime I see my reflection in the mirror I just feel a crushing wave of despair, and I'll just get so pissed off. I just want to smash the mirror in. Now that I've finally gotten treatment for my acne I'm seeing the extent of the scarring. It's just blow after blow. I'm feeling worse every day. I try to look at my other redeeming qualities...but I always come back to the scars.

I've got scars on my temples, cheeks, and some going down to my jawline and my side-burn area. They're mostly those jagged, indented scars (Don't know what to call them. ), but I feel like crap about them.

The worst thing is when I see old pictures of myself before I had them. Sometimes it does feel like I've gotten over it. I'll wake up and feel good about myself, but then I'll go into the bathroom, look into the mirror, and see the light play off of the scars like a bad film. It's in those moments that my mood falters...

It sucks. The treatments don't seem to do much. I've looked at them and just thought, "Will these work on me? " There doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel, or no thread of hope. The hole's there, it's gettign deeper, getting darker, getting colder.