Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Everybody! :D

Heres a little about me.

My name is Jennifer. I am 20 years old and 135lbs.

I first got acne when I was around 12. Thank you, puberty. To cut things short my acne has been mild/moderate and persistant since then. Antibiotics worked for a while, but eventually they stopped. and I've tried almost every over the counter topical. so i talked to my derm about giving me accutane and now i am on 10mg a day! I was scared about the side effects so he put me on a low dose.

I have already been on 10mg since May 28. So almost a Month now. I think its day 25? My face felt like Sandpaper for the first 3 weeks. Which was mostly on my nose and around my T-zone area.

I got an IB about the 2nd week, not a terrible one. My acne wasnt that bad when i started so its a lot worse since the beginning of my course. I think alot of people dont get much of an IB on a low dose, but I was unlucky (WOOT WOOT) lol. I haven't broken out anymore for a few days, so i'm HOPING everything has come to the surface except for my blackheads *CROSSES FINGERS*

My face is also really red.

Good news, there was blackheads above my lip and under my nose area and they have totally cleared out, it feels very smooth. I would say my forehead is pretty much clearing up also, I have a couple close comedones but it's all good. I also noticed I've been more tired than usual for the past week I would come home from work and take a 2-3 hour nap.

other than that, just trying to be patient! so far that seems to be the hardest part.

What I'm using:

Aquaphor for the lips. LOVE IT

I wear contacts. so far i havent noticed dryness in my eyes so i'm not worrying about any eyedrops.

Cetaphil Facial Cleanser

Cetaphil spf 50/Moisturiser ONLY when I know i'm gonna be in the sun. I hate the sunscreen smell!

Other than that I really dont wear moisturiser, But im gonna get some this week. Any good ones?

Gonna start taking Vitamin E and emu oil, anyone on here using it for scars and redness? If so, how do you like it?

I also take my pills with a peanut butter sandwich in the morning.

And here is my skin, as of today!

picture380265g.jpg

left side of my face..

I have a few active pimples. That big red mark on my skin is where i popped a pastule.. and now it feels like another one is coming over it.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I got a nice pimple on my neck too. lol, those things hurt

picture380268.jpg

right side of my face..

I feel like its pretty bad. blah red marks :(

Thanks for anyones support.

I'll most likely get this updated weekly. Bye guys!

How do you like that Cetaphil SPF 50 Moisturizer? Besides the smell. Is it greasy feeling?

And I don't think you were unlucky about the IB. I have read a bunch of logs and some people say that their derms believe it doesn't matter what dose you are on, you have the same chances of getting one, but it's a crapshoot really.

I use the Cetaphil moisturizer, but I think it's kind of greasy and I am looking for a new one. I hear people talk about Cerave, and JoJoba oil. I want to try Jojoba oil but you can only get it in health food stores, and I think it's expensive :S. Everyone gives it rave reviews though.

Love the Cetaphil cleanser though.

hey marypoppins!

i'm on 10 mg a day too...wow i thought i was the only one on such a low dose. Also, I weigh around the same as you do and have almost the same kind of acne as you. I'm on like day 18 now, like a week behind you sooo keep updating please! I'd really like to know how you're doing on this dose. Just one question though, are you on a 6 month course or do you not know the length of time you'll be on accutane for??

best of luck!

gLx - I actually really like the Cetaphil with spf 50, and I'm getting use to the sunscreen smell now, haha. It's not greasy at all! :) I wore it today and I was outside for an hour in the HOTHOTHOT sun and I got a little red but not bad. It does the job pretty well! I think you can get the jojoba oil in the acne.org store on here. I saw that it was like 15 bucks, I think. I've never used Cerave for my face but I use it for my legs and arms. It is great!

Royallypurplex - Ahhh yay, someone else in the same boat. :D I promise to keep updating. How are you doing on yours so far? I really don't know how long I will be on accutane, The derm did tell me something about since its a low dose I will be on it longer than with a regular course. What about you? Do you know how long you're going to be on it? and thanks, good luck to you too girl!

Quick update: I woke up this morning and I noticed that my blackheads had tripled and a white head on the side of my lip had gotten way bigger. I also had another white head on my cheek that had blown up too. I couldnt stand the one on my lip So i popped it. I usily try not to mess with my pimples but I figured the red mark would just blend in with my lip anyway lol, and it did. I was at work today and I kept feeling like everyone who talked to me was looking at my acne. Ugh, paranoid. But thats all, OH! and I bought some vitamin E. i'm gonna take it internally and dap a little on a few of my red marks tonight before bed. So i'll keep yall updated with that. Hope it goes well. But anyways! I'm off to see "year one" or "the proposal" :dance: I love movies, cause its dark in the theatre. HAHAHA, just kidding. ;)

Later gators.

day 32

Hey Everyone!

Well my face is starting to feel really smooth. I love it :) I'm still on 10mg a day and its been a month. My back is totally cleared up, and looking good. It wasn't that bad to begin with but now there is nothing back there. :surprised: I started taking Vitamin E, about 600-800 IU or so a day for about a week now and I feel like that has helped some with old red marks. I also got some emu oil from the health food store here. It has Emu oil and Vitamin E. The first night I put it on, I woke up and my face felt very soft. I also noticed some of my red marks faded a little. I think that was because of the Vitamin E in it because I also bought some other emu oil off of purpleemu.com. and used it for a couple days and it didnt have any vitamin E in it and my red marks and everything stayed the same. BUT that being said, I think its irritating my skin a little. The 2nd day i used it i got a few new tiny red bumps on my cheek. I dont think its acne, but maybe dermatitis? But besides that my skin is improving. My IB ended about a week ago and the irritation which i'm sure is from the emu oil. I just read somewhere its comedogenic? But anyways, so far so good.

I will post more pictures sometime this week. But for now I gotta run! :)

RIP Michael Jackson <3

Day 40? I think lol. :think:

I have been so busy, its really harder to keep up with this thing than I thought It would be.

Well my skin is doing really good. Still on 10mg. Its just been improving. Except, I did get a few pimpes along my jawline but thats nothing. I've consumed alot of dairy lately so I think thats it. ;) I also noticed a few things since last week. I lost my appetite for a few days. My lips will be incredibly dry one day and okay the next. My eyes were really red for a while I guess cause they were dry. I broke my glasses so I have no choice but to wear contacts. Hmmmm... I'm having some joint pains, I stretched and worked out a little today and noticed I was a little sore. But it could be because I haven't done it in a while. I'm going to Florida the week after Next then warped tour. (anyone going? :]) So i've already got my sunscreen and a big sun hat ready to go cause i'm going to be outside a lot. we'll see how that goes, i'm kind of scared. I also quit using the emu oil i figured that was making my acne worse. but i'm still taking Vitamin E Internally. My scars are a little lighter. I spent the night with my boyfriend the other night and just put on a little bit of make up.. and I actually felt really comfortable. It was nice. It's great to have someone who doesn't care about the acne and loves me for me :D

but anywhos Heres some pictures! :)D

I put this picture up in one of my last post.. But I'm not sure if it worked. Anyways, This is the left side of my face From June 21, 2009. Or day 25 of Accutane.

post-105980-1246930660_thumb.jpg

and this is the left side of my face from today. July 6th, 2009. Day 40 Of Accutane.

post-105980-1246930828_thumb.jpg

And heres the right side from June 21, 2009. Day 25 of Accutane.

post-105980-1246930996_thumb.jpg

and from today. July 6, 2009. day 40 of Accutane.

post-105980-1246931051_thumb.jpg

And I dont feel the need to post my forehead cause its pretty clear. But I will put a full face picture when i'm done with my course.

Peace out Accutane scouts. ;)

post-105980-1246930660_thumb.jpg

post-105980-1246930828_thumb.jpg

post-105980-1246930996_thumb.jpg

post-105980-1246931051_thumb.jpg

Kind of a little break out there, but no new ones for a couple days.

Lets see.. I'm no longer going on vacation because I was suppose to go with my boyfriend and he dumped me the other day for another girl.

Accutane + Heartbreak = Not so fun.

:(

Your results look great for such a short time into your course! How do you like the Emu Oil? Do you think it has helped with redness/scars/marks? Where do you buy it?

Sorry about your boyfriend and all. Don't you wish he would have waited until after Florida though? If he was paying that is :P I'm sure you will find someone better soon!

Hope things keep going well with your skin. And hope you feel better soon! :comfort:

Lets see.. I'm no longer going on vacation because I was suppose to go with my boyfriend and he dumped me the other day for another girl.

Hey,

Sorry to hear about your bf. I'm not gonna say that I know how you feel, 'cause I can't really empathize. However, I'll tell you this. By the end of your course, your face will be clear. Once your face is clear, you'll feel a lot better and trust me you will gain a new level of self confidence. With your newly gained self confidence, I'm sure you can find a better one than him. Now, cheer up (:

Oh poor you, what an ass... Hope you're feeling better soon, though. Can't you grab a friend and go on vacation anyway? Would probably help :)

Wow those really are some good results from a low dose. Have you been using anything else besides accutane to help speed things along?

Dang its been FOREVER. lol.

I've been on accutane for about two months.

Well My skin is breaking out. Its just been up and down. but I think its cause i'm stressed and i've been using everyday minerals make up and that irrates my skin, and i've slept with it on a couple times. Never again. so i'm not sure if its due exactly to accutane. But who knows. I'm getting pale :( and noticing bags under my eyes. Ahhhhhhhh. I switced to dans cleanser cause i felt like cetaphil wasn't getting my make up off. and Dans does for some reason, well it takes off my eye make up anyways so thats how i tell lol. My forehead is still clear and my back. I love that. I just have a few actives on my cheeks. As of other side effects... I feel like i'm more emotional lately. Also, AQUAPHOR IS MY BEST FRIEND <3 My birthday is in a couple weeks and i'm gonna be 21. I think i'm gonna be the only person who doesn't have a drink on their 21st birthday. Well Maybe a couple sips wont hurt? Damn you Accutane. ;)

P.S. I will post some pictures in a week or so.

Thanks to everyone leaving me replies! you guys are awesome :)

gLx - I didn't use Emu Oil very long. But I got some that had Vitamin E in it from the Health food store here, and i think that helped somewhat with my red marks. But I also think it was clogging my pores. I've heard a lot of people say it's not comedogenic but I read somewhere that it is. The other kind I got I ordered online It was just Emu Oil and I got it from purpleemu.com and I didn't really use it long enough to notice anything different. And thank you!! :)

Jordanmac7- Nope, I haven't been using anything else besides accutane.

Byeeeeuuhhhhh :)

Day..Idk. i've been on accutane 10mg for almost 3 months.

My face is clear. Thank goodness i think i'm finally completely done with breaking out! I still have some blackheads for some reason though. Is that normal? and my pores look huge in natural light.

But besides that, all I have left is red marks and they are fading slowly! :D but i'm happy.

I was talking about accutane with someone the other day and they were like "you're face looks so smooth" WOOOTTTT.

i've been super busy.. college started back monday and work and yall know the whole deal.

but I WILL POST PICTURES SOOOONNN :)

Thanks guys.

Wow its been a long time since i've gotten on here.

Well, I finished accutane...

my skin was perfect while on it. I loved it! but I got to the point where I was having so many side effects that I decided to stop. I experienced fatigue, depression, anger, couldnt concentrate at all, anxiety, dry eyes, lips werent too bad, wasnt as outgoing as i usily am...I really didnt realize how bad it was untilI got into the 5th month of my treatment. So then I HAD to go off of it... and then my acne started to come back after about three months so I went on it again at 10mg hoping the side effects would be different so after 2 months it just wasn't worth it. It cleared my skin again but now my pores are starting to get clogged and i'm looking for different alternatives. :) But Accutane is definently not going to be one of them. It can be amazing for some but in the end it just wasn't for me!

I will post pictures soon!!! Bye guys!! :D