Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AThinker

Quite lost with all the possible treatments

Hey guys,

I have acne since the age of 12, didn't really care until a year ago when I realized how I neglected my appearance. I don't consider having severe acne – thank God! –, but there is a huge place for amelioration. My acne has been consistent: when a pimple was healing, another arose, no matter the treatment. My pimples would stay and my face would become reddish.

I tried:

- Clearasil stayclear pads: work the first days, that's all. And my face gets all sticky.

- Proactiv 3-step kit: nothing.

- Proactiv mask twice a week: again, work only the first days.

- Icing pimples: seems to speed the healing, which is good, but don't stop pimples from coming.

Quite honestly, I am confused. I don't know what to try next; there are a lot of possible treatments. I was wondering if you guys, who are much more informed on the subject, could help me to resolve my problem. For the information, I usually have no acne on the forehead (covered by my hair) and little on the body.

Thanks.

post-105981-1245622656_thumb.jpg

post-105981-1245622660_thumb.jpg

post-105981-1245622656_thumb.jpg

post-105981-1245622660_thumb.jpg

Some of it depends on if you have health insurance and what your financial situation is. If you have health insurance, you can see a dermatologist and get some prescription meds.

From the doctor: Oral antibiotics can be helpful and usually the first step. and Topical antibiotics and Retin A can also be a good start.

From the store, you can get a face wash that has salicylic acid 2%. Like neutragena for acne has this, and many others.

i think you are to red and overly irriated from the looks of the pictures to go on Dan's Acne Products. Id stay away from BP or AHA as they will make you redder and more irritated then you are now. You look young, you dont need to exfoliate with anything especially AHA. Quite possibly your consistant acne is due to skin irritation and not bacteria acne that BP can clear up.

^^ so you think having this guy use "The Regimen" which mainly consists of AHA, BP is a good idea? Look at his photos, hes red and the skin looks irritated, AHA and BP will most likely increase the irritation and redness. He needs something soothing.

Thanks for your answers.

As a matter of fact, I am young. You think I should just moisturize for a few weeks?

Just moisturizing doesn't treat acne. Age does not come into play for exfoliation. Exfoliation can be either chemical or mechanical; it speeds cell turnover and also helps even out the stratum corneum. Exfoliation helps with one of the causes of acne (sticky dead skin cells that assist in clogging pores). Gentle exfoliation is good for any age. :)

You could try the Regimen. Please choose a recommended moisturizer along with the 2.5% BP, and a gentle cleanser. The key is GENTLE. :) If you choose to start the regimen, please read all the links on the main site to give you an idea of what to expect.

What have you been using most recently? The images are too blurry to see if all you have is red marks or any active acne. Good luck!

Please use sunscreen when you're outside for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Thanks for your answers.

As a matter of fact, I am young. You think I should just moisturize for a few weeks?

yeah i would moisturize until that irritation goes down. dont get anything with oil/isopryl alcohol/chemicals like BP/salycilic acids/AHA and etc. in them! make sure it says oil free