Notifications
Clear all

Cyst Excision

MemberMember
(@pocahontas)

Posted : 06/21/2009 4:32 pm

Has anyone had a cyst excision before? I have three reoccurring cysts, two on one cheek and one on the other. I have tried so much to get rid of them, but I have seriously had them for over four months and they just seem to get worse. The rest of my skin looks decent, but these cysts are big and disgusting.

MemberMember
(@pocahontas)

Posted : 06/22/2009 5:57 pm

Bump.

MemberMember
(@effu)

Posted : 06/24/2009 10:31 pm

ummmm...what do u mean by cyst? u mean a cystic pimple? because i dont think they excise those....they only excise scars...

for huge cysts u have to get cortisone shots....just go to ur derm and ask to get cortisone injections into the cysts and they will be gone in 24 hours....)

to keep from getting cysts u need to get on accutane...or at least megadose the pantothenic acid every day

MemberMember
(@pocahontas)

Posted : 06/24/2009 10:43 pm

No. I've been on accutane twice and I still get cysts. I also get cortisone shots regularly and they do not always get rid of the cyst. :(

MemberMember
(@joe-zit)

Posted : 06/25/2009 12:27 pm

ummmm...what do u mean by cyst? u mean a cystic pimple? because i dont think they excise those....they only excise scars...

for huge cysts u have to get cortisone shots....just go to ur derm and ask to get cortisone injections into the cysts and they will be gone in 24 hours....)

to keep from getting cysts u need to get on accutane...or at least megadose the pantothenic acid every day

Dermatologists can surgically drain an acne cyst (this is what they did before anti-inflammatory injections). Some have reported that they have had great success by having the cyst drained and then injected, as sometimes the cyst is very deep and the anti-inflammatory cannot work effectively. I would suggest that the OP talk to her derm about both drainage and injection to ensure that the cyst does not return.

There are other types of cysts which can be surgically removed.

Joe Zit

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/10/2014 9:24 pm

how can they be surgically removed?

QUOTE (effu @ Jun 24 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dermatologists can surgically drain an acne cyst (this is what they did before anti-inflammatory injections). Some have reported that they have had great success by having the cyst drained and then injected, as sometimes the cyst is very deep and the anti-inflammatory cannot work effectively. I would suggest that the OP talk to her derm about both drainage and injection to ensure that the cyst does not return.

There are other types of cysts which can be surgically removed.

Joe Zit