Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
konichiwa5

ACNE CURED at 39! NO SH**!

There's a lot of people who say they will continue to post up results but arent! Selfish selfish... But hey Im going to buy a bottle of this and will be posting my results a few times per week. Hope it works. As for the flushing, why don't people just take it at night? Why would you take it in the day time when you are out and about? Doesnt make sense.

I hope it works soooooooooooooooooo bad as nothing as worked very well for the last 11 years Ive been battling acne.

There's a lot of people who say they will continue to post up results but arent! Selfish selfish... But hey Im going to buy a bottle of this and will be posting my results a few times per week. Hope it works. As for the flushing, why don't people just take it at night? Why would you take it in the day time when you are out and about? Doesnt make sense.

I hope it works soooooooooooooooooo bad as nothing as worked very well for the last 11 years Ive been battling acne.

1 MONTH UPDATE

From going to 15-20 pimples on my face and 15-25 on my back...

I'm finally Completely clear on my back and I have 2-3 small zits on my entire face/neck

Also redness has gone away a lot, but I also do the regimen

So 1 month into the regimen while also taking 500mg of NON-FLUSH niacin each day = acne free

I'm not completely clear, but I hope to be soon.

God it feels good, stick with it and don't skip a day. I notice a small breakout after a couple of days if i skip a day

Worried about the flush? GET THE NON-FLUSH!...its the same kind the original thread poster uses

As far as my regimen goes:

Morning: Shower, BP, Olay SPF15 moisturizer and then spot treat with AHA

NOON: Take 500mg NON-FLUSH niacin with a meal

Night: shower, bp, AHA

So simple.

Stick with a regimen...results dont come in a week

1 MONTH UPDATE

From going to 15-20 pimples on my face and 15-25 on my back...

I'm finally Completely clear on my back and I have 2-3 small zits on my entire face/neck

Also redness has gone away a lot, but I also do the regimen

So 1 month into the regimen while also taking 500mg of NON-FLUSH niacin each day = acne free

I'm not completely clear, but I hope to be soon.

God it feels good, stick with it and don't skip a day. I notice a small breakout after a couple of days if i skip a day

Worried about the flush? GET THE NON-FLUSH!...its the same kind the original thread poster uses

As far as my regimen goes:

Morning: Shower, BP, Olay SPF15 moisturizer and then spot treat with AHA

NOON: Take 500mg NON-FLUSH niacin with a meal

Night: shower, bp, AHA

So simple.

Stick with a regimen...results dont come in a week

I have been taking the non flush kind, 500 mgs, for about almost a month now, i wish I could say i am having amazing results, but that isn't the case for me:( I am no worse for sure, but i am going to continue to take the niacin----about when did you see results, and was it slow, or did you all of the sudden see a difference when it 'kicks in'?

Just took my first dose of flush free400mg niacin (it also claims to have 100mg Inositol in it, possibile to stop the flushing?). I experienced no flush whatsoever. Keep in mind that I flush pretty easily. The Vitamin B3 in it is suppose to reduce oil production. Lets hope it works!

How many people have taken this for back acne with good results?

I've been taking it ALSO for back acne, and the results are VERY GOOD. In my case there was no oil sebum reduction, but no more cysts (and this was amazing in case of severe acne!), and less pimples on my face-back. I'm taking 500mg of niacin flush free for 2 months now. I'm not 100% clear, but the improvement was dramatic, without any side effects.

I think that the B3 has a strong antiflammatory effect on skin, so it works well were the cyst/zits are red and inflammed. So it's not a cure, but a very helpful stuff to control your acne! ;)

I've been taking it ALSO for back acne, and the results are VERY GOOD. In my case there was no oil sebum reduction, but no more cysts (and this was amazing in case of severe acne!), and less pimples on my face-back. I'm taking 500mg of niacin flush free for 2 months now. I'm not 100% clear, but the improvement was dramatic, without any side effects.

I think that the B3 has a strong antiflammatory effect on skin, so it works well were the cyst/zits are red and inflammed. So it's not a cure, but a very helpful stuff to control your acne! ;)

How much improvement have you noticed percentage wise?

Day 2 and still experienced no flush. The key is to get the flush free niacin. So far, no breakouts, but the zits on my face before I started taking niacin are still there.

I used to have 10 pimples over my face, now 2-3 (and smaller than before!)

So it should be 70/80% :think:

Edited by MrBungle

Hey guys, so this is officialy two weeks today, I'm taking the flush kind, and 200mg to 300mg per day, and seriously, I'm not noticing ANY difference :( what do you think is going on? Do you think that flush free is better??? :wacko:

so freaking sick and tired bout thinking, seeing and freaking out about acne .... :wall:

Picked up the non-flushing type today, if there is any improvement I'll post here like everyone else has.

Keep us updated. While a cure for one will surely do nothing for many, many others, with a little luck I'm sure it will be able to improve at least one other person's acne.

Edited by jimmyismyname

Hey guys, so this is officialy two weeks today, I'm taking the flush kind, and 200mg to 300mg per day, and seriously, I'm not noticing ANY difference :( what do you think is going on? Do you think that flush free is better??? :wacko:

Flush and flush-free king is the same. The effectiveness of B3 on acne is due to Niacin. Flush free kind is more tolerable, and you can rais up the dosage to 500-750mg without any side effect.

Try to buy a bottle of Niacin Flush Free 500mg, 1 capsule for day with meal.

Edited by MrBungle

I have some questions for everyone.

1. If I'm going to use the no flush kind, can I just start out with 500 mg? Or should I start with 250 mg for a little while first?

2. Should I take a pill once or twice per day?

3. Should I take it while eating or on an empty stomach?

4. Should I take it with my other vitamins, or by itself?

Sorry for all the questions but I would really like help, also thanks in advance.

I haven't taken niacin yet, I was just reading about it and was curious if people were taking this for bacne as well as facial acne. I don't have facial acne. That is good to hear that you have had good results with this. I might give it a try once I research it a bit more. I'm currently taking a lot of other vitamins and mineral supplements so I need to make sure it is safe to take niacin as well.

P.S if anyone is interested I've had great results on my back by using acv/sea salt/tea tree solution.

I cant believe people are still getting on this bandwagon. Its obviously a load of crap that at best will clear you for two weeks. This is not a magic pill.

I cant believe people are still getting on this bandwagon. Its obviously a load of crap that at best will clear you for two weeks. This is not a magic pill.

Results are differnt from person to person. No one acne is the same of the other. For example: A LOT of person like Benzol Peroxide, claiming that calm down their blemishes, but for me don't make NOTHING at all.

Niacin it's not a magic pill, but could help your skin condition. It has no side effects at this dosage, so why don't give it a shot?

Now it's two months that i'm takin it and it still works very well...

Edited by MrBungle

I've been taking Solgar No-Flush Niacin 500mg Vegicaps (Inositol Hexanicotinate) for about two months now. I haven't been this consistently clear since I was on roacutane.

I thought I started seeing results immediately but about a week after I started taking niacin I also started taking Zinc 50mg (as Citrate) so that might be having an effect as well.

I take the Niacin with lunch and the Zinc with dinner, or the other way around.

I still get a spot here and there but there's definitely something going right here.

I drink alcohol quite heavily over the weekend so I avoid taking Niacin then as I heard this can put extra pressure on your liver. My body takes quite a battering over the weekend ;) (lack of sleep etc)

I'm a 27 year old male btw with what I would call mild acne. Was worse when I was younger and started around puberty.

Diet: I try and avoid all processed sugar especially chocolate. I love cheese. I avoid milk except a little in tea. Staple diet is pasta (white and whole grain) and whole grain bread.

Washing: I splash water on my face about once a day. No topical cream or washing regime has ever worked for me.

Thanks to the original poster! :dance: I'm a lot happier now xx

Edited by TimNiceButDim

Day 5 and I have only had 2 zits since. I think it reduces my acne but not completely. Definitely better than nothing. I will continue to take this.

Remember to get the non-flush niacin because it does not make me red at all.

Does anyone know where you can get non flush niacin in england? As i think people say it better then the flushing type.

Has anyone experienced an initial breakout with taking Niacin? I just picked up 250 MG Niacin, time released so the bottle says it shouldn't cause flushing. I hope it doesn't, but will take it before bed to be safe. I just started 30 MG of zinc too, the doctor told me this was good for skin

I want to try it but I'm currently taking a proboitic called Accu Flora Probiotic Acidophilus. It has helped with my face acne but my body acne it does no good. It use to be my back now my back chest and neck is starting to break outs I'm so frustrated :cry:

I'll give it a try. Any improvement would be a god send. Started today, 500 mg, no flush. Also started vit d. Have already been taking a multi vit, vit A, zinc, and b-complex. Hope this helps a little. I hope to post good results.

Edited by somebodyshootme

I've been taking 500mg of the non-flush for the past 2 weeks. My spots are worse :(