Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
konichiwa5

ACNE CURED at 39! NO SH**!

Thanks for your very fast replies crooked and jimsta.....I'll tell you that yesterday, I ate alot for breakfast and then I took two 100 mg pills, and was extremely nervous, and to my surprise, NO FLUSH! weird huh? Also I took one 100 mg pill today after eating and as well there was no flush....so...I think my body is used to that dosage maybe??? I don't know.....but as for the progress with pimples....I still have a bunch :(

Have been battling acne for over 10 years now, and like many others have tried everything out there. :boohoo:

I bought a bottle of B-Complex vitamins today that have 270mg of niacinamide and took a tablet after my meal at around 7pm. Will post an update in a couple of days.

Thanks for your very fast replies crooked and jimsta.....I'll tell you that yesterday, I ate alot for breakfast and then I took two 100 mg pills, and was extremely nervous, and to my surprise, NO FLUSH! weird huh? Also I took one 100 mg pill today after eating and as well there was no flush....so...I think my body is used to that dosage maybe??? I don't know.....but as for the progress with pimples....I still have a bunch :(

Anything you use will take time to work, if in fact it is actually going to work. You won't wake up the next day to a magically clear face unfortunately. It may not even work at all for you. Hopefully it does, but I always like to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised!

Yeah I hear you crooked, I know exactly what you mean....of all the things I've tried and had such high hopes, to be let down ....anyways, we'll see...for all of us! I just want you to know that I took one 100mg pill today at work, and just my elbows got all itchy and red, and I just took another one 100mg pill about 25 mins ago , and the same thing, its my elbows again that are super red and itchy! oh yeah, and my left ear is red and hot, but not the right one....so weird! I can handle this though, my first reaction was a bit too much for me I think....

why are all you people using the niacin flush kind then complaining about it?

Do some research...the Non-flush niacin does the exact same job for acne without the flush (burn).

Once again for the third time,

this shit works

I took my first 500mg of vitamin B3 from zipvit.co.uk and didn't experience any side-effects whatsoever. I paid £3.99 +£1 postage for 90 tablets. They contain Niacinamide, which I assume is the 'flush-free' form.

The directions state to take 4 per day before meals. Surely I don't need this much?

mellow, are the pills 500mg each?? If so, that is a super high dosage by taking 4! I'm not a doctor but I definetly don't think thats a good idea....

That's what I thought! I just 'googled' it and found that dosages of 2000mg/day are common in cholesterol lowering treatments. I won't be taking that much!

sometimes capsules will say 500MG of whatever at the front of the bottle.

And you look on the back and it says Serving Size 3 Capsules.

3 capsules = 500MG

So that's where the 50, 100, 150, 200, 250 capsule bottles label reading is useful.

100 pill bottle with 100mg at 2 pills per serving of 100mg. And you want 500mg. That's only 10 days worth.

50 pills with 250mg at 1 pill per serving for the 250mg. And you want 500mg. That's 25 days worth.

250 pill for 250mg at 5 pills per serving for the 250mg. And you want 500mg. That's 25 days worth.

I never bought Niacin before, but I bought a zillion other pills. A lot of them do this for those that say so I take "such and such amount of pills?"

You first have to read the back and adjust accordingly. I'm sure you'll buy these at 1 pill per serving at 50mg-500mg. Maybe the 500mg will need 2 pills.

But anyways, I too will try this stuff. Just because.

I wouldn't go past 1500mg a day, because according to wikipedia that's when liver toxicity begins.

Also if you're taking niacinamide, you won't get the cholesterol-reducing benefits because that happens when the body turns niacin into niacinamide, so I don't think there'd be any benefit from such a high dosage.

Quick update:

I started taking 270mg of niacinamide on Monday as part of a B-complex supplement, and I think I'm seeing some results. I don't wanna jump to conclusions and I'm wary of the placebo effect, but so far it seems my face is not as red as before and I haven't had any big pimples grow so far. A few small ones, but already that is a pretty big step for me. Will continue to monitor how it goes over the next few days, and I'll provide another update.

I started 3 days ago. 100mg x 2 after a large meal.

The first day I experienced a small flush 10 minutes after ..no biggy.

The 2nd and 3rd day, No flushing 10 minutes after.. however, I'm now getting short hot flashes periodically throughout the day! Especially the top of my head and upper lip..its weird.

Anyone else have this all day, on and off Hot Flash effect?

( I took 200mgs over 10 hours ago and I'm hot flashing right now! ..lol :redface: )

sometimes capsules will say 500MG of whatever at the front of the bottle.

And you look on the back and it says Serving Size 3 Capsules.

3 capsules = 500MG

So that's where the 50, 100, 150, 200, 250 capsule bottles label reading is useful.

100 pill bottle with 100mg at 2 pills per serving of 100mg. And you want 500mg. That's only 10 days worth.

50 pills with 250mg at 1 pill per serving for the 250mg. And you want 500mg. That's 25 days worth.

250 pill for 250mg at 5 pills per serving for the 250mg. And you want 500mg. That's 25 days worth.

I never bought Niacin before, but I bought a zillion other pills. A lot of them do this for those that say so I take "such and such amount of pills?"

You first have to read the back and adjust accordingly. I'm sure you'll buy these at 1 pill per serving at 50mg-500mg. Maybe the 500mg will need 2 pills.

But anyways, I too will try this stuff. Just because.

Good point!

Never seen that before in the UK. The EU are pretty strict about labelling.

Well, it's not trying to falsify the claim of 250 pills. It really do have 250 pills. And it's common to see on the label that a box of cereal isn't for 1 setting. And one piece of corn flake isn't enough to fill the nutrition you get that's on the label. Like 5% iron, you cant just eat 20 pieces of corn flakes to get that. You need to eat a whole bowl full to get that 5% of iron that's stated on that label.

So to get whatever is on the label, you must read the serving size.

If they just give you a bottle and have 500mg, and doesn't tell you the serving size. Then perhaps, it's not that strict afterall.

For those who have experienced vast improvements, what happens when you stop taking the B3 ?

I've only been taking 500mg of B3 for a few days now, so it's too early to report back any change.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting the results I was hoping for. I posted on this thread on September 7, so I've been taking the 500mg no flush for about a month. It seemed to be working a bit when first started but I guess that was short lived.

I'm still going to finish the bottle I have in hopes of seeing any change, but I've pretty much lost hope already.

I just got the 400mg Niacin and 100mg I (500mg Niacin) from Wal-Mart. "Flush Free Niacin - Inositol Hexanicotinate - By Spring Valley"

I also bought Vitamin B - Complex from there too by the same company.

Also bought Hibiclens and CeraVe(how to spell lol) Cream and lotion.

So what I'm going to do is.

Morning time

1.Eat breakfast and have Vita B complex (has 50mg of Niacin). Along with Calcium.

2.Wash face with a light cleanser.

3.Either put non-alcohol toner or not.

4. Put the CeraVe lotion or cream on and that's it. I think the cream is lighter than the lotion. Unless that was because of the toner it made it feel that way... hrmmmm

Night time.

1.Half way though dinner, I eat those Niacin (500mg) pill. Along with my calcium.

Then right before sleep.

1.I use the Hibiclens making sure it doesn't get inside mouth or around the eye area. It's not that hard to not do it and it's very mild. No redness, no sting, feels nice actually.

(thinking wheather or not to use a light cleanser before I use Hibiclens)

2. I put the lotion or cream on. (the cream does not give you ANY shine)

That's it.

During the weekend I'll use a Honey Aspirin mask with steam 3(mins) to exfoliate like I have always done.

I'll let this thread know how it goes.

Just another weekly update from me.

So as of today I'm 100% clear, but I did breakout really bad on Wednesday. When I woke up that morning I had no acne, but work stressed me out so much (alot more then usual) that when I got home I saw 6 inflamed pimples. I popped the white heads out and applied some retin-a on them. I then went and got a chemical peel on Thursday. On Friday they were pretty much all gone, and on Saturday there was no sign that they were ever there, no redness or anything.

So it took me only three days to completely get rid of these pimples when usually these things take 2-3 weeks to get rid of. Once again I feel it was a combination of things that I did to my face that helped clear me up not just niacin alone. Although I will say that I haven't applied any bp for the past week. I've only been washing my face with cetaphil and applying an oil controlling moisturizer while taking niacin this week.

Hows everyone doing with the niacin? I've slacked this weekend on it.....my face is still broken out in very tiny pimples, I can't stand when I wash my face and all I feel is bumps...I'm going to go back to taking 300-400mg of niacin and see how it goes....

I use NIACINAMIDA, topical in gel cream, for rednesses of my expensive pale flesh type (rosacea ), so that the niacinamida one in gel increases to the queratina of the skin (function barrier) and this causes that the face flesh color does not notice so much… I ask myself if the NIACINAMIDA, in tablets has the same effect? if they can say those to me that consume niacinamida, in tablets, they see its heavy epidermis but? thanks I wait for answers!

Im gonna buy a bottle of this tomorrow and test it out. I am very prone to flushing but I can handle this for a 1/2 hr a day to stay acne free.

10 day in now and no change! blah!!!

If your in the UK go to Holland & Barretts and get Niacin B3, put up with the flushing as it only last an hour at the most. I find taking a tablet on an empty stomach makes me flush loads, taking a tablet halfway through a big dinner seems flush free.

oh yeah, also I want to mention when I was during my flush I was pretty light headed and there was one point where I felt like I was spinning...

Alyssa

:think:

I thought if you took them on a full stomach this avoids that feeling, it does for me.

I'm kinda not sure when I should take my next dosage but I will say I will make sure I'm home when I do.....sorry for rambling people....

Alyssa

:think:

Lol, I purchased mine about 2 month's ago and eager as I was I held out until I was at home as I was taking something I had never taken before and was preparing for the flush, if I feel bad now I usually lie down for 30 mins and then feel great afterwards, I cannot imagine being at work taken them.... that would have freaked me out also.