Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
konichiwa5

ACNE CURED at 39! NO SH**!

Just want to chime in here --- I was instructed by my doctor to try 500mg of flushing type to get my "good" cholesterol back to where it should be. And noticed a clear face was a great side effect. However, the flushing can really make your face VERY red.

TIP:

Take Flushing type Niacin on a FULL STOMACH. Doctor advised it still "flushes" and you get exact same benefits, but you won't get the burning feeling in your face. So eat a meal THEN take your Niacin!!!!

I'm just going to give a little update on my experience with Niacin

I've been taking 500mg/day for about two weeks (ill miss a day every once in awhile) but as of right now i have maybe 2 zits on my whole face/body that are very small as opposed to about 15 zits with some being inflamed/cysts. The redness from previous acne is rapidly going away and my confidence is boosting up : )

Ill keep ya updated

Started taking it over a month ago, skin is still a lot better than before.

Edited by sverd

I apologize is this was already answered.

To the oily skinned people who are taking Niacin..

Have you noticed a DECREASE in OILINESS?

YES or NO...that's all I would like to know.

...THANK YOU :D

Hellooo? anyone...?

I would like to buy the niacin asap, but only if there is possibility it will curb my oil.

Can someone purdy please answer? :confused: ( I wont bite..honestly ;) )

Hellooo? anyone...?

I would like to buy the niacin asap, but only if there is possibility it will curb my oil.

(Dang….anyone else having issues with this board? The only way I can locate this message is by clicking on the link in my e-mail notification. The pages feel like they are all in disarray!)

I've been taking Spring Valley/Wal-Mart No-Flush Niacin for a couple weeks now. While I think it does curb the acne some, I haven't seen any significant reduction in oiliness.

Don't base everything off just me though, as I'm also trying a variety of new things, so I can't necessarily identify the results of any single element. I'm taking the niacin in combination with the supplements below:

OptiZinc

Vitamin D3

Vitamin C

MSM

Chromium

No-Flush Niacin

Vitamin B Complex

Probiotic

im a very depresed person cause of acne,its slowly destroying my life.Been doing a lot of research on the net for possible cures ,diets, cleansers ,antibiotics,natural remedies ,alt medicine.

The main problem,in my case anyway,is tremendous amount of oil being produced on my face.Im not inflamed because of the the 4% benzoyl peroxide wash i use along with a slightly acidic soap.I moisturise with an oil free Neutrgena moisturizing gel.So the only problem i have are the whiteheads and blackheads all over my face along with it being oily as hell. 23 years old

Still havent tried niacin , although i read it does help reduce oil secretion.

from all the reading ive done about sebum , i think our best bet is vitaminB5 (Pantothenic acid),not B3 (niacin).although Niacin i think will help.

B5 in doses of 4000mg a day will shrink your Sebaceous gland, and calm it down,to the point of it reducing oil secretion by at least half.In doses of 10000mg (10grams)a day it rivals Accutane wich is proven by tests done in Asia in 1997. Now the problem you all might be thinking is the toxicity in those huge doses,but dont worry. B5 is like vitamin C, you can drink it as much as you like it wont harm you,the excess amount to your organism is just expelled through urine and poop :)

Wikipedia:"Toxicity of pantothenic acid is unlikely. In fact, no Tolerable Upper Level Intake (UL) has been established for the vitamin[35]. Large doses of the vitamin, when ingested, have no reported side effects and massive doses (e.g. 10 g/day) may only yield mild intestinal distress and diarrhea at worst.

Sale86 If I were you I would try niacin. I did the b5 thing years ago and the results were not as good as niacin. Also I lost a lot of weight and starting to have sexual problems. I just letting you know about my experiences.

Ok everybody!!!! I'm getting excited here! I am going to the drug store to pick up a bottle! Should i get the non flush kind???? Will it work as good????

Alyssa, different people trying niacin have had success with one or the other. The only way to see what one works for you (if any) is to try one and then the other and see what's best for you.

Ok everybody!!!! I'm getting excited here! I am going to the drug store to pick up a bottle! Should i get the non flush kind???? Will it work as good????

Alyssa, different people trying niacin have had success with one or the other. The only way to see what one works for you (if any) is to try one and then the other and see what's best for you.

Ok thanks for your reply, the flushing kind of freaks me out a bit so I will get the non flushing one and tell everyone my progress.....have you yourself tried niacin??

Ok thanks for your reply, the flushing kind of freaks me out a bit so I will get the non flushing one and tell everyone my progress.....have you yourself tried niacin??

Yes, although I am on BP as well, which has kept me clear in the past. I'm trying to reduce the BP and hopefully eliminate it as it's very drying and time consuming. Before I started taking niacin my skin was quite up and down for some reason. The niacin seemed to balance things out for me, so I'm quite hopeful it works for me.

I use the flushing kind by the way. I'm used to taking it now so don't flush anymore. I didn't really mind the flush anyway, it was quite a novelty experience.

Sounds promising! I'm currently doing the ibuprofen gel and tea-tree oil regime, which is effective but I still get a couple of pesky zits at a time.

I've just ordered some 500mg B3 tablets from zipvit.co.uk and should be with me sometime next week. I'm a bit bothered about this flushing , does it last long?

Sounds promising! I'm currently doing the ibuprofen gel and tea-tree oil regime, which is effective but I still get a couple of pesky zits at a time.

I've just ordered some 500mg B3 tablets from zipvit.co.uk and should be with me sometime next week. I'm a bit bothered about this flushing , does it last long?

I use the 100mg tablets from Holland and Barrett.

The flush lasts for 15 - 20 minutes. It can get quite severe - your whole body can feel like you've stepped into an oven, but it fades away. Eventually your body get's used to it and the flushes subside. As I said, I quite enjoyed them for the novelty value.

get the flush free kind then you dont have to worry about having a red face.

Edited by ctbo

Ok heres my scoop Crooked and everyone else....

so because of this such promising thread I went to my health store today and talked to my natural path, he told me that out of the two, he would get the flushing one because he said its not a bad thing to flush, sooooo....I got the flush kind, just the 100mg a tablet and decided to take two...man oh man ,am I ever glad I wasn't out in public, just at a co workers place and I'm not joking, we sat down to eat lunch, I popped two 100mg pills, and no joke, less than 10 mins, I felt this WHOOSHHHHH of heat, my face turned completely red, my ears, he was asking me if I was ok, and what was going on, then my elbows were so hot, my head, all my joints, I went to the bathroom and couldn't believe how freaking red and hot I was I was kinda freaking out a bit, I had to calm myself down cause I have anxiety and that makes it hard to breathe for me, also when this freaking heat was happening my arms and legs were pretty itchy, not unbearable itchy, just annoying itchy (also the heat isn't unbearable, just annoying) did I mention that my chest and back were extremely red and there was white patches, mostly red though....anyways, this lasted an hour for me, I couldn't believe how fast my body reacted to this too, I mean seriously, it was less than 10 mins when the whoosh of heat hit me...so peeps, I just wanted to share my first experience of this with you guys....also, I will say on a good note, afterwards,when this heat FINALLY went away (an hour seems long when you're going through this) I felt coolness hit my body, and sure enough all the red in my face and ears went, and my body, just my legs were itchy for maybe 15 mins still but then that went away, and I actually felt alright, I even felt my skin looked alright , rejuvanted or something, I don't know if this is just a mental thing but who knows...oh yeah, also I want to mention when I was during my flush I was pretty light headed and there was one point where I felt like I was spinning...I'm kinda not sure when I should take my next dosage but I will say I will make sure I'm home when I do.....sorry for rambling people....

Alyssa

:think:

Another week has gone by and another week with a clear face. This is the 3rd straight week where I've had no acne. It's a mile stone for sure because I haven't had 5 straight days with no breakouts since 2001. Even when I was taking antibiotics last year I still got at least 1 or 2 a week.

I'm not going to say it's all the niacin's doing, but it definitely hasn't hurt. I'm going to keep on taking it and keep up with my routines. I'm kind of nervous that my acne will come back, but I'm going to enjoy my face while it still looks good.

so because of this such promising thread I went to my health store today and talked to my natural path, he told me that out of the two, he would get the flushing one because he said its not a bad thing to flush, sooooo....I got the flush kind, just the 100mg a tablet and decided to take two...man oh man ,am I ever glad I wasn't out in public, just at a co workers place and I'm not joking, we sat down to eat lunch, I popped two 100mg pills, and no joke, less than 10 mins, I felt this WHOOSHHHHH of heat, my face turned completely red, my ears, he was asking me if I was ok, and what was going on, then my elbows were so hot, my head, all my joints, I went to the bathroom and couldn't believe how freaking red and hot I was I was kinda freaking out a bit, I had to calm myself down cause I have anxiety and that makes it hard to breathe for me, also when this freaking heat was happening my arms and legs were pretty itchy, not unbearable itchy, just annoying itchy (also the heat isn't unbearable, just annoying) did I mention that my chest and back were extremely red and there was white patches, mostly red though....anyways, this lasted an hour for me, I couldn't believe how fast my body reacted to this too, I mean seriously, it was less than 10 mins when the whoosh of heat hit me...so peeps, I just wanted to share my first experience of this with you guys....also, I will say on a good note, afterwards,when this heat FINALLY went away (an hour seems long when you're going through this) I felt coolness hit my body, and sure enough all the red in my face and ears went, and my body, just my legs were itchy for maybe 15 mins still but then that went away, and I actually felt alright, I even felt my skin looked alright , rejuvanted or something, I don't know if this is just a mental thing but who knows...oh yeah, also I want to mention when I was during my flush I was pretty light headed and there was one point where I felt like I was spinning...I'm kinda not sure when I should take my next dosage but I will say I will make sure I'm home when I do.....sorry for rambling people....

Alyssa

Yeah I maybe should have said, although it is elsewhere in the thread - you should really take them after a large meal. I would have also taken 1 pill the very first time. You're probably as well doing it at home in a controlled environment the first time so that you don't panic if you are prone to anxiety. Keep at it though because it might work for you.

thanks crooked....should i take one or two today?

I take two a day but I don't ever flush so it's not a problem for me. In the morning I take 250 mg on an empty stomach, and in the evening I take 500 mg after eating dinner. It seems to work for me, but I don't know if it will for you. Only one way to find out.

Alyssa

Yeah I maybe should have said, although it is elsewhere in the thread - you should really take them after a large meal. I would have also taken 1 pill the very first time. You're probably as well doing it at home in a controlled environment the first time so that you don't panic if you are prone to anxiety. Keep at it though because it might work for you.

how many days did you flush for Mr I?

Hellooo? anyone...?

(Dang….anyone else having issues with this board? The only way I can locate this message is by clicking on the link in my e-mail notification. The pages feel like they are all in disarray!)

I've been taking Spring Valley/Wal-Mart No-Flush Niacin for a couple weeks now. While I think it does curb the acne some, I haven't seen any significant reduction in oiliness.

Don't base everything off just me though, as I'm also trying a variety of new things, so I can't necessarily identify the results of any single element. I'm taking the niacin in combination with the supplements below:

OptiZinc

Vitamin D3

Vitamin C

MSM

Chromium

No-Flush Niacin

Vitamin B Complex

Probiotic

The only issue I have with this board is, when I click on my email notif. link it doesn't take me to the proper page..soo I have to fish around for it..its a pain.

Thank you ABC123456 for your input and taking the time to answer my question. Just for the Hell of it, I went ahead and bought the Niacin today. I figure, I've tried so many things i have little to lose at this point. I bought the flush kind (the only one avail. that was NOT time released) now, im a bit nervous about the flush..lol but will try it tomorrow after dinner.

on aside note..a few weeks ago, I bought Spring Valley No flush from Walmart too (the only no flush they had) but after I got it home, I noticed in very tiny print on the back it said it was time released. There was nothing about time-released on the front of the bottle..ticked me off.

In my brief research of Niacin, I was under the impression one could have increased liver damage with the time released...so I returned it. i

how many days did you flush for Mr I?

Well I still flush sometimes, but it's not as severe as when I started.

I like to take 2 tablets as soon as I wake up so that they are used on an empty stomach and there's nothing else which could "dilute" the effect. If I go in a warm shower it seems to make me flush as well, but I hardly notice it anymore.

It basically depends on how full your stomach is at the time. You're probably better off taking them after a meal. Or you could take an aspirin half an hour before to prevent the flush.

Alyssa, considering you're new to taking them, I'd probably stick with taking just one for the first few days before taking more.

surely all the no flush are "timed released" though?

i have tried 2x100mg flush and it was awesome lol. i suffer mainly from bad hyper pigmentation which is really annoying cause it makes my skin look patchy :(

i dont know what helps heal hyper pig