Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
konichiwa5

ACNE CURED at 39! NO SH**!

i am taking 500 mg of niacinimide (no flush)

does this work too for acne???

why do some people say this is harder on the liver???? if so, then why???

Hi

Started using Niacin on July 5th [see earlier post] i have had 95% success.

God Bless you for starting this post and sharing this with us.

I use the Holland & Barrett £2.49 100MG.

I have also used a 500MG slow release kind from natures remedy £15, but no flush with these.

I have played with the dosage and now I take one 500MG on one day and a 100MG the next.

Be prepared for the flushing, it can be intense.

However, I found that when I was taking 3x100MG a day with main meals, the flushing eased up.

But when I miss a day or 2 the flushing was right back for 15-25 minutes.

I also take other stuff and have an excellent hygene regimen now and it is all on my Blog.

Amazing.

My acne was the cyst/biol type with no puss, just blood. Really red and saw. I'm 39 and done with this acne.

Flip-side....

I messed with the dose because I was feeling tired and had headaches....

i am taking 500 mg of niacinimide (no flush)

does this work too for acne???

why do some people say this is harder on the liver???? if so, then why???

It's good to give it a try. May work or nor, it depends ...

500mg is a safe dosage. Damage on the liver should appear after months of takin 4-6g of this vitamin (4000-6000 mg!!!).

So, stay on 500mg for one month, and see if it works for you. Good Luck.

whoa!

very promising people. Glad to here such positive results. Thanks to the OP and what about an update mate?

I am going up the the chemist to get some of this today.

Will keep everyone posted too.

i've been using this for about 2 weeks and its helping i think. I've been using a lot of other stuff too so i don't know if this alone is actually doing the trick.

I'm going all out with this "ultimatum regimen" of mine and I will share my regimen and results with everyone once I am 100% victorious. Right now I'm 10-15% victorious (lol) BUT I pretty much know what my problem is and that this fight will take a lot of time and commitment.

Those who have constantly used antibiotics and accutane that have only helped them temporarily, with the pimples coming back will greatly benefit from my regimen.

i've been using this for about 2 weeks and its helping i think. I've been using a lot of other stuff too so i don't know if this alone is actually doing the trick.

I'm going all out with this "ultimatum regimen" of mine and I will share my regimen and results with everyone once I am 100% victorious. Right now I'm 10-15% victorious (lol) BUT I pretty much know what my problem is and that this fight will take a lot of time and commitment.

Those who have constantly used antibiotics and accutane that have only helped them temporarily, with the pimples coming back will greatly benefit from my regimen.

What kind of acne do you have? Location? Severity?

i'd say its mild/moderate right now. Five years ago, it started severe, then i went on antibiotics. it was clear for a month then it came back after i stopped, did antibiotics again, same results. then i broke out again did antibiotics again, same results. so for the last 3 years i went on 3 cycles of antibiotics.

Then tried out accutane.. i was clear for a year, now its back. I also have rosacea too (started 3 months into accutane)

The pimples are pretty much all over (forehead, both cheeks, chin).

I at least know what the heck is actually going on now and am going through an extensive regimen based on experience, research, and knowledge gained.

I've been on my "regimen" for about 2-3 weeks and I'm seeing definite improvement, but I will post everything i know once I'm fully cured. but right now the pimples are popping up less, and my rosacea is starting to fade away.

I will say this though, the constant use of antibiotics has made things worse overall for me, giving me candida, leaky gut, leading to poorer digestion. if you have these problems even accutane won't give you permanent results.

i'm guessing that i'll get cured within about 3 months.

Sry that this post has nothing to do with the real topic at hand

Well if you don't want to give the community false hope by posting your regimen to early before your 100%, can you PM me of what you are doing so far? My appt with my doc is this thursday and i was actually going to consider accutane, but my case isnt really severe enough, but i have been trying everything else for over a year, diet change, supplements, anitbiotics, topicals, you name it. Been on minocycline for 6 months now and it has no effect at all now since i think i have become immune to it. I would at least like to hear or consider what you are doing that your getting results. thanks! ;)

I feel like I have just broken out of prison to find the sky blue and the birds singing. My face is finally clear, six months before I turn 40. I have had acne since 1982, and it just got worse as I got older. In the last two years, it had really become horrible. I had cystic acne on my cheeks and nose, with some of the individual blemishes lasting for six months each. I also had hair follicles below the surface of my skin that would become encased with cysts, particularly when I ate fast food. I am very sympathetic to all the posts of people who understand how depressing it is go have to go to work, let alone any social event, with a bad complexion. I have felt that way for decades.

I have learned through experience that doctors have no idea what they are talking about, so I never bothered with a dermatologist. What I have tried includes the following: a low vegetable oil diet, antibiotics, AcnEase, Acnezine, Vitamin B5, Vitamin E, barley grass, the 3-day apple diet, an infra-red laser, lots of other pills and of course all the soaps and creams you can think of. I also got my own prescription online for Differin gel, and have been using that every night for the past 6 months. To be fair, the AcnEase, Acnezine, and Differin were somewhat effective at reducing my acne, and the other stuff helped too, but up until last week I could never make it go away 100%.

8 days ago, in my usual desperate attempt to search the internet for a solution to my acne, I read that NIACIN "may be helpful at reducing acne." Continuing on my desperate and endless quest to find a natural solution, I strolled down to the store and bought a bottle of niacin. I took the first dose at 3 pm that day. In the middle of that same night I woke up and I could tell that my skin felt different, like it was somehow much less sensitive than usual. It felt like normal skin. I have been taking niacin all week, and you are simply not going to believe the results. I am telling you the 'acne' was gone in less than 24 hours, and the following 7 days was just a matter of the existing blemishes I had healing faster than I have ever seen before. To make sure it wasn't a fluke, I have been eating fast food most of the week with no outbreaks. Now I love going to work and even have enough ambition to go to the gym. It has been a miracle! And it was all in a niacin bottle that you can get at Wal-Mart on the vitamin isle for $5. Tell that to your dermatologist! (but it will cost you $300 for the visit; he has to make his Mercedes payment after all) How much? Get the largest amount available and take the dosage recommended on the bottle. I did it with 400mg/day.

I really do not care if anyone believes me. This is my one and only post to this site. Maybe niacin only works for some kinds of acne. I don't know. I am still taking all the ingredients of Acnezine just in case. I nearly start to cry when I see others with a bad complexion because I know how awful they feel. Sometimes I just wanted my life to be over. That is what has driven me to post this, so that someone else might stumble upon it and finally get the results that I did after trying for so many years. Take Care.

**UPDATE JULY**

It has been just over a month since I made this discovery. I have stopped taking all other medication and only take a daily dose of 500mg no-flush niacin that I bought at the grocery store. I have realized that the multivitamin that I have been taking for the last 10 years has 50mg of niacin, so that was obviously never enough. My face now continues to heal wonderfully, including what I thought was permanent scarring. I have been eating lots of pizza and french fries lately. I guess I am making up for all the years when I could not touch that stuff without dire consequences. I even have a lovely girlfriend now who is considerably younger than I am. Two months ago I would not have had the confidence or the inclination to even talk to girls because I felt like a monster. I am glad to see that a few people have also had positive results from taking niacin.

Hey man after reading your post , I am now inspired to try niacin. I will let you now if it has worked for me. Any update will be appreciated.

I'm trying Niacin right now. I've been taking 2 250mg tablets each day for the past 3 days. Thus far I've had no new acne show up and the ones that I had are fading away. I'm hopeful this will cure me, but I won't hold my breath. I'll try to update my status about once a week.

I'm trying Niacin right now. I've been taking 2 250mg tablets each day for the past 3 days. Thus far I've had no new acne show up and the ones that I had are fading away. I'm hopeful this will cure me, but I won't hold my breath. I'll try to update my status about once a week.

JimSta which brand are you using? Is it regular Niacin or flush free.

JimSta which brand are you using? Is it regular Niacin or flush free.

The brand I'm using is called "Finest" and it is the flush variety, however I don't ever seem to flush.

Meh, tried it for a couple weeks, this is NOT a good idea! It gave me huge, hard cyst on my forehead, and on the back of my neck !?!? Try some Vitamin D3 instead!

HOLY SHIT, I just took 1 500mg pill of Jamieson's Niacine and within 5 minutes my skins from head to toe had gone sunburnt red. My face and back were especially bad. I knew it was going to cause flushing, but I didn't think to this extent. I am hiding in my room in the dark so know one asks wtf is wrong with me lol. How long does this flushing last?

I guess it's a sign 500mg is too much for me. I guess I will start cuttin these pills in half and take em with a meal.

The side effects are now gone. I started getting really cold but my skin was super hot, red, itchy and sensitive. I hopped in bed and took an hour nap and woke up feeling really weak, but the flushing was done.

I either took way too much for my body on a somewhat empty stomach, or I had a shitload of toxins that needed to be cleared out.

I am going to take 250mg instead of the full 500mg tomorrow with a meal and see how much more tolerant that is.

I will update how my acne is progressing as well.

Still on BP so can't say exactly how well the niacin works, however, for the past few months I've had breakouts here and there, and in the 2 - 3 weeks of using niacin my skin has settled down a lot. I have one active spot, which is almost invisible, and my skin is quite smooth and supple.....hope it continues...

So this is my first time posting and I just had to hop on this specific topic. I am 25 now and I've been suffering from mild to severe acne for about 10 years now. Of course it was at it's worst when I was a teenager, but when I thought it was slowing down at one point it just continued to grow into adult acne. I break out on my face as well as back. It's not as consistent on the back than on my face. Most of the acne resides on my cheeks, the sides of my chin and jawline/neck. I do get cystic acne probably once or twice a month, but when it comes it's pretty bad. The new ones come and the old ones are still fading and I have never been clear of acne for AT LEAST 5-7 years.

I been on almost everything you can think of on the hunt to clear out my acne and I truly believe that NIACIN is the first and only thing that has began to work for ME.

It's only been 4 days and the results are incredible. There hasn't been a day where I haven't had a new pimple on my face when I woke up and looked in the mirror. I've had a cyst below my lower chin that never seemed to go away. It has totally flattened out and I almost don't notice that its there. I usually have many small break outs around my chin and jawline and I haven't seen one new since I've started taking the pills. My skin feels smoother and my pores feel tighter in some way.

Just to let you know what kind of stuff I'm taking it's "Sundown Naturals" Time Release 500MG Niacin. I split the pill into two and took half in the morning to start the day and the other have in the afternoon. It is the flush kind. The first day was pretty bad on the flushing, but your body gets use to it after a few days and it's very tolerable. Even if it was intolerable I would still continue to take it because of its wonderful results.

I am not going to post too much because it's just the beginning and I am really excited. I will continue to post more results as times pass. Good luck to all trying this, it looks like its working awesomely and I hope everyone is getting the same results.

So this is my first time posting and I just had to hop on this specific topic. I am 25 now and I've been suffering from mild to severe acne for about 10 years now. Of course it was at it's worst when I was a teenager, but when I thought it was slowing down at one point it just continued to grow into adult acne. I break out on my face as well as back. It's not as consistent on the back than on my face. Most of the acne resides on my cheeks, the sides of my chin and jawline/neck. I do get cystic acne probably once or twice a month, but when it comes it's pretty bad. The new ones come and the old ones are still fading and I have never been clear of acne for AT LEAST 5-7 years.

I been on almost everything you can think of on the hunt to clear out my acne and I truly believe that NIACIN is the first and only thing that has began to work for ME.

It's only been 4 days and the results are incredible. There hasn't been a day where I haven't had a new pimple on my face when I woke up and looked in the mirror. I've had a cyst below my lower chin that never seemed to go away. It has totally flattened out and I almost don't notice that its there. I usually have many small break outs around my chin and jawline and I haven't seen one new since I've started taking the pills. My skin feels smoother and my pores feel tighter in some way.

Just to let you know what kind of stuff I'm taking it's "Sundown Naturals" Time Release 500MG Niacin. I split the pill into two and took half in the morning to start the day and the other have in the afternoon. It is the flush kind. The first day was pretty bad on the flushing, but your body gets use to it after a few days and it's very tolerable. Even if it was intolerable I would still continue to take it because of its wonderful results.

I am not going to post too much because it's just the beginning and I am really excited. I will continue to post more results as times pass. Good luck to all trying this, it looks like its working awesomely and I hope everyone is getting the same results.

Awesome. I think you and I have similar acne. I've been on it 4 days as well and it's been amazing. You may want to stop taking the time released version as I've read it's hard on the liver over time. Continued good luck to you. =)

So I have been using Niacin (flush-free) and have still been getting a greatly reduced flushing effect. It's only been two days so I don't expect anything major yet, but hopefully after a week I'll see improvement.

So it has now been about 2 weeks since I've taken Niacin and I wanted to keep everyone updated.

I'm now taking 250 mg in the morning and 500 mg at night. I eat a meal before taking the pills and I do not flush whatsoever even though on the bottle it says it's the flushing kind.

As for my acne I've seen a decrease to one or two a week, however (this is the really encouraging part) my acne doesn't become inflamed. Normally these little pint size acne will turn big and red, but since I've been taking niacin they've stayed small. They're normally gone within 3-5 days (instead of weeks), but of course I do help it out some by squeezing out the oil that's trapped. I'm really happy because these types of acne I can live with cause you'd have to look really close to even notice the small bump.

I'll try to post another update next week.

I assume you are male. And you say your acne has magically stopped, at age 39.

Yet you have not considered that your hormones would have also have been most likely to have changed at that time of your life? Specifically, a natural reduction in testosterone.

With these basic truths considered, it is easy to see why your acne would significantly reduce at such a time of your life.

I would hardly consider this to be some miracle 'cure'. But thank you for sharing. And congrats on your natural reduction in acne! :)