Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strato

Can oil blotting sheets be breaking me out?

I was clearing up until I started using oil blotting sheets. I suspect that they MIGHT have something to do with it. What do you think? Also, can blotting oil often be same as washing face too often? I use NYX blotting sheets.

Also, can blotting oil often be same as washing face too often? I use NYX blotting sheets.

No, I don't think so.

As a matter of fact, YES! I read into this before, and I was using the same brand of blotting sheets. Aparently they have mineral oil in them (check the ingredients!) and many people have experienced clogged pores and breakouts after using them.

I started using rolling papers after somebody on the forum suggested it - they're WAY cheaper and they work AMAZING -and you can get all natural hemp ones from specialty stores.

=]

I had the same problem with Clean and Clear blotting sheets - they also contained mineral oil. There seems to be a debate as to whether it is comedogenic or not. It is listed as noncomedogenic on all the lists I have seen, but lots of people say that mineral oil causes problems for them. I remember reading something that said that there are differences in the quality of mineral oils used in products, and the higher quality mineral oils are not comedogenic, but the lower quality versions might be. I've only seen that written once, and have no idea if there is any truth behind it. However, it might explain the inconsistencies seen in people's experience with mineral oil and the variation across products (e.g., I can use aquaphor with no problem, and it does contain mineral oil, but I seem to have problems the clean and clear sheets and also with polysporin, which contains mineral oil)

I'm not sure if the sheets themselves are comedogenic or not but I think the fact that you are blotting leads to irritation of your skin which can lead to more break outs. I have occasionally noticed it myself.

I've been using them on my forehead and t zone for years wherever I feel oily and i never break out on those parts (my breakouts are usually on the cheeks or my chin). I used Clean and Clear in the beginning but I switched to generic Walgreens or Target which are $1-$2 cheaper. I avoid the fancy ones that come with powder like the ones sold at MAC or Sephora I think.

That was just a hypothesis of mine. Before you give up on blotting (cause who wants to look oily all day) try different brands of blotting sheets maybe one without mineral oil? Good luck.

As a matter of fact, YES! I read into this before, and I was using the same brand of blotting sheets. Aparently they have mineral oil in them (check the ingredients!) and many people have experienced clogged pores and breakouts after using them.

I started using rolling papers after somebody on the forum suggested it - they're WAY cheaper and they work AMAZING -and you can get all natural hemp ones from specialty stores.

=]

Rolling paper?

Never heard that, tomorrow before I wake up I'll have to try that! (I don't smoke, but a friend that does left paper over here a LONG time ago..)

That is a shame! I bought another 10 packs three days ago. Grr...

me too off e-bay,

when they run out i shall try rolling paper.

shame, shame....