Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Languages

AcZone + EryTabs

I'm so pissed that the doctor put me on this instead of Accutane. I don't think anyone understands how it felt when I didn't get the prescription. I explained to him that I've been on almost everything and nothing has worked, but my mom blurted out that I had been depressed in 8th grade (I'm 18 now) and that's what made him change his mind. Pshh. Anyway, since there's not many AcZone threads, I'm trying to help the community by posting one.

My acne could be described as mild moderate, but very persistant. My skin is combination generally. My skin can be really dry, but my nose is oily. That's usually how it is. I wash twice a day. I try to get 12 hrs in between but sometimes with erratic schedules, that's just impossible.

Now, I can't get the AcZone prescription until Tuesday, June 23rd. Wal*Mart doesn't have in stock. I have the EryTabs though, which is simply time released Erythromycin. I got a 30% Glycolic peel yesterday and I don't think it did anything. The peels are free but you have to pay for the visit there, which is about $45..meh, I don't know if I want my 'rents to waste another $45 on something that might not work..

Here's a list of what I've been on:

-Benzaclin

-Retin A Micro

-Differin

-Epiduo

-Topical Clindamycin Solution

-Clindamycin Lotion

-Topical Erythromycin Solution

-Doxycycline

-Tetracycline

-Minocycline

-Benzyol Peroxid

-Proactiv

-Salicylic Acid

-AcneFree

See, I've been on a shit load of products.

I dont know what you acne looks like but your history of products that failed should just be an automatic dose for Accutane. When i was your age I tried just as many products as you before the Derm. gave me Accutane. Its a miracle drug but my acne has since returned in my mid 20's. So my Derm. perscribed me Aczone as well.

So far so good with Aczone, I use twice daily with little to no drying. Its expensive, $60 with insurance, but worth it if i am clear again. You can check my thread if you would like. If this does not work i will just go on another course of Accutane. I have now idea why derms are so hesitant to give this product out, if it works prescribe it..I smoke a pack day(cigarettes) and the side effects from that are far worse the Accutane. Sorry for the rant..Good luck!!!

Yes, I know. Makes me sad I'm not on accutane. I really do think it should be an automatic dose too. I have to convince my mom to get it for me, and that will be difficult. I'm going to try tomorrow but I don't know. I guess I'll see how this Aczone does. The nurse said I can do it twice a day if I think my acne is bad. I plan to do that.

The only thing I worry about is that I've read AcZone makes your skin oily. Does that seem to be true? I got my AcZone for free from a coupon, so if it doesn't work - hey, no money wasted? :)

Thanks tons for posting, it does help.

My acne is a lot better. I probably should have taken pictures my 1st day, but oh well. My skin has calmed down a lot. I think that's because of AcZone. The only thing I don't like about EryTabs is that it gives me a 'hunger-like" feeling. Hmm. Yuck.

Pictures are great for your own personal gratification as well as other to see. I hope the Aczone works for you as has been for me.

I use the aczone twice daily and the derm only told me too use at night time. Its such a calm medication that I see no reason to use twice daily. I also apply slightly more then a pea size amount.

Good Luck!!!

My skin is clearing tons, but I think I'm going to have to stop the Erythromycin. I've been having these odd chest pains since day 2, but I never thought much of it. Then it started getting really bad, and me being the Google user I am, I searched on Google. I typed "erythromycin chest pain". Sure enough, chest pain is the #1 side effect of erythromycin. It's a shame, bc. my skin is practically clear. :(

I had a pimple coming up on my chin last night after going to a rave (probably from sweat), but now it's gone..I think AcZone killed it. I have one right below my lip and thats it..one on my neck though but I don't really count that. I hate ones on neck! >:[

No, I do need accutane. It's still really bad. Like a lot of my acne is persistant and won't go away. It was clearing to the erytabs I think. AcZone doesn't do much in my opinion. But now I have to quit Ery, so meh. :(

I'm switching cleanser/moisturizers. I switched from Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser to CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser (Cetaphil has SLS, which could be the factor causing acne with me?) & Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer to Dove Deep Moisture Facial Lotion.

Hopefully with CeraVe, I won't break out as much. Cetaphil seems to give me tiny red bumps.

Eh, the chest pains are gone..and I've continued Ery..probably a bad idea on my part considering I didn't notify the dermo. that my chest was hurting..oh well, it's gone for now. My skin is pretty decent I guess. The spots that have been under my skin (slightly inflamed) are starting to come up actually..which is surprising bc. theyve been there for like 2 months. Umm other than that not much difference. AcZone pretty much sucks. I want to try Differin .3.

Clearest I've been in a really long time. All those spots that weer my skin have left..I have one on my chin that's been there for about 2 weeks but it hasnt come to a head..but its kinda..flaking off? Eh. Chest pains are kind of still there. I told my mom about it she thinks I'm making it up. I dunno if I should continue Ery or not..it's cleared me up so much though!

Wow, I'm glad Aczone is working for you. My derm wouldn't prescribe it to me since it was new and not much has been heard of it.

To be honest, I haven't used Aczone that much. It's mostly been Epiduo spot treating, Aczone some nights, and I even put ProActiv lotion on everywhere. :s

I attribute the success to my antibiotic..

Hey,

I just came across your thread. I haven't been on Acne.Org for a long long time because for the last month I have been 100% clear. Like you, I had mild but persistent acne, and although no one would have ever deemed my skin that bad, it was still very frustrating.

I attribute my completely clear skin to the same combination as you -- Aczone at night and Ery tabs that I take twice a day! It has been close to 10 weeks now and I would say that I was fully clear after about 4 weeks. I also use a very thin layer of Duac in the mornings. It has been such a relief to never worry about my skin anymore! I have tried Epiduo, Retin A, etc and nothing seemed to work for me besides this. I am going to soon ween myself off of the antibiotics, though I really believe most of the success has come from the Aczone, since that is when I saw results.

How is your journey going? I am curious to see if you have had continuing success!

Best of luck.

Hi Languages,

Hope you are doing well on your new medications. Erythromycin can give you a good amount of gas, so your chest pain could possibly be due to GI upsetness. If your skin was doing very well on it, try some simethicone to see if it relieves your chest pain (would work if your chest pain is due to gas). Otherwise, I'd do as you did and stop it.

Good luck :)

Hello everyone,

As an update..I'm pretty clear..I noticed since getting pretty clear I never visit acne.org anymore..which is good. but i'm only getting maybe one bad pimple a week or something..I just have a lot of scars. I'm weened myself down to once a day/erthromycin. It made the "hard-to-breathe" feeling go away. I don't feel safe on Ery, but it works so well. It's a bit of a pickle. I'm going to try to get a very low dose of accutane tomorrow. I don't know what the doc will say but I HAVE to get off of this..bc. sometimes its pretty bad. Whether or not it's Erythromycin-related is beyond me. But I don't remember having pains before taking Ery.

Anyway, that's the update. Will edit/post when I get back from the doc tomorrow.

EDIT!: I've switched to Doxy again. It sucks, bc. it doesn't work near as well as Ery. :(. Though, if I haven't grown out of my acne by next spring, I will be going on Accutane. That's good.