Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lennart

Will Accutane clear up the underskin 'bumps'?

Hey guys,

i'm allmost 2 months on accutane (first 5 weeks 20 MG/day and 3 weeks 30 MG/day),

my skin looks so much better now. Side effects are just dry skin, sometimes eczema and dry lips, so that's no big deal.

Well my question, I've got a few underskin bumps (don't know how to describe) but they don't hurt, you can't see them but you can feel them if you're touching them. I got them like 3/4 months but they won't go away even with 2 months accutane. I tried to sort of 'pop one' but nothing except a colorless fluid and some blood came uit.

My skin just ended really red and irritated and the bump is still there.

What are they, what can I do to get rid off them? Or wil Accutane just 'kill' them slowly?

Many thanks,

Lennart

Hey,

thanks for your response,

well it's the same for me, I have them for like 3/4 months, they get smaller and smaller after a long time and sometimes they disappear and sometimes they just stay but then they're just tiny.

Well I'm 15 year old 1.80 Tall and 60 KG. After i'm coming back from holiday i'm starting with 40MG/Day, maybe that'll do it.

The wound I got from 'trying to pop one' is getting over, it's just red now, but that'll turn away. It's really hard not to touch them.

My normal acne is 'gone' except of those bumps :( I hope somebody can tell me what they are and what to do with them.

I only have them on the edge of my jaw.

for me, accutane brought ALL those underskin bumps to the surface. some of them were really deep and really old so i had some huge breakouts. but it was worth it, it was satisfying in a weird way knowing my skin was purging...so just stick through it

for me, accutane brought ALL those underskin bumps to the surface. some of them were really deep and really old so i had some huge breakouts. but it was worth it, it was satisfying in a weird way knowing my skin was purging...so just stick through it

I'm in this phase right now... I feel very dissatisfied!

How about those bumps under the skin, look like trapped oil clustered together, they are only visible when you stretch your skin and they make your skin somewhat less smooth? Anyone is getting that kind of bumps? I just went to my derm yesterday and she told me they look more like cysts deep down and tane can't really do anything about it. I'm very upset...

I've been on Accutane for 4 months (40mg one and a half months, 60mg after that) and in my case I've had those bumps until a couple of weeks ago when my skin condition started to improve all of a sudden. Right now instead of getting those I get small pimples which last for a day or two tops.

I know they say you shouldn't pick and I totally agree, but I just couldn't help it and I picked the cysts all the time. With a needle. When you strike the source (sometimes it's like 1/2" deep) it's like a huge blackhead that's inside. If you get rid of that hard tissue under the skin, in 1-2 days the bump is gone. However, most of the time I wouldn't hit the source with the needle, so I'd just make it worse (that's why picking is not a good idea).

PS: I think the transparent liquid is just lymph.