Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
romeosaveme88

What to do about acne

i've been dealing with acne for about 9 years. i've been doing to a dermotologist for about 4 years. i was on doryx for a while, worked great, but i wanted to wean myself off of it because i was literally taking it for 2 years nonstop (2 pills a day) and in the long run, its not good for your body. i was also using benzaclin and differin which worked for a while but my skin got used to it, so it stopped working. there was a while where i wasnt using anything and my skin got progressively worse....my back and chest started breaking out as well. i'm currently on yasmin birth control and topical tazorac. the tazorac seems to be starting to help, since I've only been using it for about 2 weeks now. the birth control, however, doesnt seem to be doing much. my chest and back cleared up immediately but my face actually got worse. i dont know what to do anymore....the birth control is WAY too expensive to keep up with since our insurance doesnt cover it at all and if its not doing anything, then why bother. what else can i do? should i try going back on the doryx?

:confused: