Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
John R

-EXCELLENT- St. Ives Apricot Scrub spot treatment

Hello, been reading the boards for a couple years for ideas, this my first post, think I've discovered a new use for St Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackhead Control that works great and real fast that I'd like to share with everyone.

Its a great spot treatment. If you have a big red zit just smear some of the scrub paste on it, let it sit for 10 - 30 minutes, then rinse it off, and the redness will be gone and the swelling will be greatly reduced and it is barely noticeable. You can do this as a spot treatment or as a whole face mask. It appears to also help bring zits to a head quickly. Just put it on and let it sit.

This method is also good for those people who don't like rough exfoliations because you aren't really using it to scrub your face, your just letting it sit and then rinsing it off without scrubbing.

Remember, scrubbing is notnecessary on the whole face mask, and when doing spot treatments, DO NOT SCRUB THE ZIT. Just lightly rinse it off.

Combining this method with c.booth brand Glycolic Acid Skin Resurfacing Solution has greatly reduced my acne, its a powerful combo.

The C.booth stuff was purchased at a Rite-Aid, they have a big line of products, if your local store doesn't carry it you can ask them to order it for you. This particular solution contains, besides glycolic acid, benzalkonium chloride antiseptic to kill germs.

Anyone tried leaving the Apricot scrub sitting on a zit for awhile to shrink it? Did it work? I'm curious if its helped anyone else, please post if its working or not. Just put a little dab on the zit and let it sit for awhile, it really works well for me at least.

This seems interesting. Loads of people find using it as an exfoliant is too harsh but it looks like it could work as a spot treatment :think:

Is it because of the salycylic(sp?) acid? I may try it but I'm scared of supermarkets :|

Its got something like 30 ingredients, chemicals and plant extracts, who knows whats doing it, but its helping. 2% salicylic acid is the active ingredient, but there are a whole bunch of other ingredients in there, they didn't just put them in for no reason. I've tried salicylic acid alone as a spot treatment and I haven't gotten the results I'm getting with this stuff. The longer you can leave it on the spot, the better it looks.