Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scratchy Cat

Thought Salicylic Acid didnt work on blackheads?

Reason Im asking bought a clean an clear product with 2% SA and it says on the front to remove blackheads. I had been using 1.5% NEUTROGENA mens face wash with SA in the black bottle, but have started with 2% clean an clear since it says for blackheads.

no specific product can actually remove blackheads, they're there to stay unless you do something. (scrubs and such)

SA is a BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid)

It works by exfoliating the skin and sloughing off old cells to allow new ones to regrow in its place --- essentially "speeding up" the skin cell process which leaves you with fresher looking skin.

is this product just a cleanser? cleansers with SA won't do anything for your skin an SA-less Cleanser wouldn't do simply because the SA doesn't have enough time to actually absorb into your skin and work effectively. Try a topical SA like Paula's BHA ( another word for SA).

I used products from Clean&Clear - Blackheads Clearing Scrub and Quick something for spots that reduces redness in 4 hrs (it didn't so I had to get rid of it, I had it for almost a year) and I also had the Advantage Acne Cleanser (for blackheads) and Advantage Moisturiser. The skin was nice afer I used these products especially the wash , my face was clearer but after a while I started to have an allergy I think- my face had red patches, not a rash but just red on my nose and above my upper lip on the left side and my face was dry and just wasn't nice, plus some white patches also. I had to stop using them, I think 3 months ago.