Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uglygenes

Accutane and Infertility.

I'm reading the side effects of Accutane and it does not mention infertility. My last consultation with a doctor said one of the long term side effects can cause infertilty. Naturally my girlfriend told me not to go on it because it's not worth it (having kids and whatnot).

Is this true though? Can anyone else help out or got further evidence? Would really help me out because it is the ONLY thing preventing me from going on the miracle drug again. Thanks

Go to this website from Roche/FDA it talks about infertility in women and men. I am not sure what page though.

http://www.rocheusa.com/products/accutane/pi/pdf

Though some have had sexual dysfunction from accutane. I don't have time to find the link on herel,but you can search.

really if you don't have severe cystic acne you should try something safer, but if you do end up going on accutane I suggest a very low dose such as no more then 20mg.

My husband took Accutane about 20 years ago and we have a 17 year old son.

With Accutane its a 50/50 chance, my husband never knew about the possible side effects since there was no internet back then, now that I know all the things that could happen I am not willing to take the chance with my 17 year old that has acne, he is using other things and he is clear right now.

Do some more research before you decide, Good Luck!