Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok so here's how it is.

I've had acne since grade 8, it only got worse and worse and years went by but i managed. But this year it became so bad that first semester i skipped so much classes that i failed, and then second semester i couldn't even look at myself and became so depressed i eventually dropped out and haven't left the house since. I've been waiting to go to the dermatologist since forever but they would always tell me "you need to try all the other stuff first" and i finally have (nothing has really helped) but when they told me i would have to wait 6 months to see the derm i was crushed and felt hopeless knowing i would have to go back to school still waiting and waiting. I have always fought with my parents a lot but i became worse and worse nagging her to push my appointment up so i could get there asap.

My real question is why would they put it off so long. I mean i know theres tons of people out there that have skin conditions and it effects them a lot but i havent left my house in 2 months... and i dropped out of school... I WANT to be successful. They say "try not to let it get to you, it wont be much longer" but i had no motivation to do anything even the things i like.

Since I've been "trapped" i guess you could say i would always sleep a lot, usually more then 12 hours. But the other day my mom came home and told me that my appointment was rescheduled and now I'm going to see the derm early august! :D

I went crazy, i was so happy lol. The thing is now i can never get to sleep because I'm eagerly awaiting it.

Oh and I'm getting accutane (of course). Once my acne heals up I'm planning on getting a microdermabrasion because it softens your skin, reduces the look of large pores, and can ease up acne scarring.

If anyone knows anything about microdermabrasion please tell me, I heard it's amazing.

If you read the whole thing I greatly appreciate you listening to my extremely long rant lol.

<3333 I haven't been this happy in ages :D God only knows how happy I'll be once my acne is gone.

Hey man I am very happy for you. I also had to wait a couple months to see my dermatologist but was very excited when I finally got it. I started accutane about 2 months ago and things are looking good. Good luck with everything!

Microdermabrasion works for red marks and hyperpigmentation. It will not work for pock mark and ice pick scarring. I have a few ice picks on each cheek, and I did not see a difference after six sessions.

I've seen some horror stories about microderma's, I'd be cautious. I heard it makes acne a lot worse if you're not COMPLETELY grown out of acne.

But Accutane will help fer sure. :)

Microdermabrasion works for red marks and hyperpigmentation. It will not work for pock mark and ice pick scarring. I have a few ice picks on each cheek, and I did not see a difference after six sessions.

I meant after my acne was completely gone lol.

And I've heard much worse from people who went through laser treatment, and laser treatment is WAY more expensive...

lol..that's what I meant too. I started those micro sessions after I cleared up, and that's what I experienced.

lol..that's what I meant too. I started those micro sessions after I cleared up, and that's what I experienced.

Oh sorry i quoted the wrong person lol ><

Luckily i don't have any pock marks or ice pick scars :D