Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So i've been on Spiro for 3 months now, and while alot of progress has been made, i'm still breaking out heaps.

I'm starting to lose hope that this is going to work for me. Do I need to be more patient? I'm nervous because the majority of success stores i've read say that it's well and truly kicked in by 3 months...yet mine still seems to be 3 steps forward, 2 steps back :(

Anyhow, just needed to share.

You need to give it more time. From what I've noticed, most success stories say it took 5-6 months. That's how long it took me. Hang in there!!!

You need to give it more time. From what I've noticed, most success stories say it took 5-6 months. That's how long it took me. Hang in there!!!

Yay, peachy, that's what I needed to hear. We all need to breathe in, breathe out... Chillax and let the meds works their magic.

So i've been on Spiro for 3 months now, and while alot of progress has been made, i'm still breaking out heaps.

I'm starting to lose hope that this is going to work for me. Do I need to be more patient? I'm nervous because the majority of success stores i've read say that it's well and truly kicked in by 3 months...yet mine still seems to be 3 steps forward, 2 steps back :(

If you have already seen alot of progress then I would say you are on your way. That should be quite encouraging.

I'm with you! I'm almost on my third month(50mg/day) and although my skin is getting slightly better, I know it still has a long way to go. Hang in there!

Keep going - you should start to see greater improvement over the next month.

good luck

Well, I haven't been on here in what seems like forever. But, it's actually only been about a month or two I think. No need for me to come here much anymore since I am pretty much clear now.

I have been on Spiro for almost 6 months and I am doing awesome! Only thing I wish, is that I would gotten on it sooner.

I do recommend you stick out. I saw good improvement after about 3 months and then from there it just got better and better. Now, I only get 1-2 pimples a month (around my period) and they have been going away really fast. I am completely happy with Spiro and intend to stay on it as long as I need to, as long as I don't have any problems with it...and so far I have been fine.

Oh, and I am on 100mg.

Hey Innerredhead, ive been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing with the spiro! I definitely think you should stick with it, everyone's bodies will adjust differently to a medication and I really believe that spiro works. Ive been on it now for almost 4 months (100mg) and have stayed clear, but im also taking acidophilus, Yaz BCP, B complex, and fish oil supplements. I hope it starts to make a significant improvement soon and im positive that it will! I wish you the best :) take care!