Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
inspirit

Anyone on the Paleo Diet?

I'm on a no gluten diet. Sort of similar. It's difficult, and if I go out to eat with people almost impossible:p But whatever, I am sticking to it for a month, we'll see.

Loss of energy at first for sure, you will be very tired when you come back from work! But it's ok, don't give up, it should give you an opportunity to go to bed and sleep well:)

But me, I take showers before going to bed, and it would wake me up like crazy.

Anyway, look for recipes, you have to really get into it, otherwise you will feel like it is too difficult and will give up even though it might be the key!

Well, I am on it and enjoying it very much.

Because I've been a low carber for years, I actually find this way of eating less restrictive than my previous diets. Lean proteins, all the fruits and veg I want, nuts, oils...I'm in heaven.

Also, my attitude has changed drastically. For the first time in my life I am eating to live and not living to eat. I have health issues, like prediabetes, and there is recent research out (study posted on the internet), that a paleo-type diet works better for diabetes than other eating plans out there.

I am not going to be neurotic about this either. I realize in a restaurant my meat will probably be salted, and if I order a fruit cup, maybe the chef will have doused it with a little sugar.

I'm just going to do the best I can. If my acne clears up in the process, that's icing on the cake!

I've recently found a lot of good paleo blogs out there, so I'm glad to see it IS being followed.

I wish more folks on this board were doing it!

If you eat all the fruit you want it is going to break you out. Your breakouts will get worse and worse from fruit and other sugars the longer you are on the diet, at least that was my case.

Paleo is the most popular diet of this forum.

In my case, eating a lot of fresh fruit NEVER broke me out.

But eating dairy and grain products (even "healthy" whole grain) certainly did.

One of the things that appealed to me about this diet is the fact that I can eat fruit. A recent study was done on type 2 diabetics (I am prediabetic), that showed a paleo diet was more effective than even a Mediterranean type diet for improving blood sugars. And one of the differences was that those on the paleo diet ate MORE fruit than those on the other plans. Interesting, considering we keep hearing about how "bad" fruit is for us nowadays.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear Paleo is popular on this forum. Guess I'll have to search around some more to find it!