Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meow Meow Hiss

Sticky Residue

So It's only been two days since I started Using the Acne.Org Regimen and I have been diligently following it. I'm still getting down the technique of gently working the product on my skin, which to me means going slow until it's dry for the most part. So after I put on the bp and wait wait for it to dry completely like 5 or 7 minutes i work in one pump of dans moisturizer because its soothing and i dont want flakes. Now, Im working in the moisturizer in slowly just like i would the bp so i dont irritate my skin. Am'i doing something wrong, because when Im done, my skin feels so sticky. Like literally i stuck paper on my skin and it stayed.

HELP, what should I do?

perhaps you should have wait for a longer periods before apply another, like

1) Cleanser

2) Wait for about 10 minutes to dry

3) BP

3) Wait for about 15 minutes or so

4) Moisturizer

Hope it helps.

I tried that today just before I read ur post lol. So waited the ful twenty minutes before the bp and moisturizer except today instead of working it in, I put on my fingers and dapped it all over my face. it almost seems as though the moisturizer just never dries. Has anyone else had this problem of feeling "sticky"?

Yes, actually! I just received the kit recently so I've only been on it for a couple of days. The moisturizer goes on quite sticky on my face too, and it leaves it kind of shiny (like I had just globbed on a bunch of petroleum jelly). I don't know how Dan does it. When I was watching him apply it in his video, it went on shine-free and it didn't even look sticky. So I waited longer after applying the BP before I used the moisturizer, and I still got the same results.

I guess all I can say is to wait it out and see. Since you've (AND ME too =D) only been on it for a few days, it's going to take some time for your skin to adjust to this new regimen. I'll come back and update you on it if I see (or don't see) any changes, since I'm in the same boat as you are.

yay i eliminated the sticky problem!!! i wrote about it in my regimen log but essentially i cut back on how much moisturizer i was using. See i just assumed to pump an equal amount as the bp, but really ishould have just been using was is necessary not to feel dry. I started this thing where i would put just a bit on my fingertips and glide it over the dry bp. I would go thin little layer until i figured out how much was just enough to feel moisturized. then i worked it in slowly, doing the fingertip gliding thing, and voila! moisturizer dried nicely,and no sticky residue!!! I'm still shiny though, but thats the jojoba oil in dans moisturizer! If it bugs you, brush a small amount of palladio rice powder or bare minerals mineral veil. Also after enough moisturizer has dried, soaked in to ur skin or what have u, go ahead and gently press facial tissue wherever its oily. A very, slightly (like almost dry but not quite) dampened soft towel blots up excess moisturizer and jojoba oil well.

I'm glad you figured it out :) I personally, do not use moisturizer - my skin is pretty oily as is. But I've had "sticky" issues with just applying the DK BP after I wash - and I figured it out that I wasn't waiting long enough for my skin to fully dry between the wash and the applying of products. Makes a huge difference!