Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
livelifetothemax

my situation, any advice would really be appreciated :)

hi, this is my first post on the boards after reading over them for quite a while looking for people with similar problems too me, so il share what i've been dealing with through my high school years (just graduated) and see if anyone can guide me a little.

I used to have quite severe acne when i was about 13. My dad who had also suffered when he was younger recommended me to a doctor who prescribed me antibiotics and a topical cream (isotrexin gel). I have had ups and downs but overall i have improved and mainly suffer around my mouth and currently my skin hasnt looked as good looked in 4yrs.

My regime involves quite a rough scrub which i use twice a day plus the topical cream which i apply in the morning and at night. I would class my skin as quite oily but currently is quite flakey and im not sure if this is due to the scrub or excess use of cream i maybe using :S im unsure whether i should change my regime to help get rid of this dryness but i dont want to be getting painful acne again and id choose flakey skin anyday over acne. but could this dry skin eventually cause more acne because my body will ultimately produce more oil to try and rectify this? around my mouth is the dryest and is cracked a small amount. im thinking of using some e45 tomorrow to help, could i perhaps put this on aswell as my topical cream. i also heard it can block pores so im thinking the best plan is just around my mouth. i hate the feel of oily skin so am not so keen on moisturisers but i dont think its healthy for my skin to be like this even though my skin is relatively clear atm but it could just turn out to be coincidence as im going through a good patch. either way has anyone with acne ended up with some kind of "clearance" but with dry skin as a consequence?