Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ihateacnex12425

Accutane for... i would say moderate acne

So i do not get cystic acne... although I do have one on my chest.

But as for my face.. I usually just get 1-3 inflammed pimples at a time that form to a head in a day or two. I went to my derm and they put my on accutane a week ago. (I had tried all other stuff.. mino worked for a short time till I believe I got immune as it stopped working.)

Now Ive been reading on here that most people go on accutane for an average of about 5 months. I know that accutane is usually for cystic acne which takes longer to go away.

For users like me, would my treatment usually be shorter? Or will they still keep me on it for 5 months. (I have seen other people say "I was only on it for 3 months"... but yet give no details on their acne before.)

If body details are needed.. 20/m/160lbs They put me on 40mg daily (2x20mg)

i feel like im in the same position as u...i only get really three to 5 zits at a time but i wanteed to go on tane...worst part for me is not drinking so i want to be off in time for next semester of college (september). I started in may, so i was hoping i could be finishing up by then but everyone always says u are more prone to relapse...i know that people with cystic acne take longer to clear up usually but idk if i should cut it short

i feel like im in the same position as u...i only get really three to 5 zits at a time but i wanteed to go on tane...worst part for me is not drinking so i want to be off in time for next semester of college (september). I started in may, so i was hoping i could be finishing up by then but everyone always says u are more prone to relapse...i know that people with cystic acne take longer to clear up usually but idk if i should cut it short

U started in May... so youve been on it for about a month now.... have u seen clearing at all?