Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
struggle

I need help picking a moisturiser

Hello all,

I have had acne for a fair few years now with periods of terrible acne and periods with almost none. I am in a moderate acne phase at the moment and I am finally getting extremely sick of having acne so I decided that I am going to go out of my way to get rid of it. I used to be on accutane (which worked very well) and now I am just using cetaphil and clindoxyl (BP & clindamycin gel). I have never used a moisturiser (even while on accutane). I have been doing some research and I believe that this may be the key to eliminating the remainder of my acne.

So please let me know of any great moisturising products that you use. I looked at Dan's recommended products, but overall the reviews seemed fairly negative from all the people that have moderate acne.

Thanks all!

PS- Please do not recommend cetaphil as a moisturiser as it buns my skin.

Try paulaschoice.com

Paula's Choice has superior products and the best part is you can buy samples in case you find out you don't like them. They also have a lot of other acne products which are well-formulated and just good for the skin in general.

Just keep it plain and simple with Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer w/ 15SPF..

There's another good one that's on Dan's "alternative products" page, I forget the name. I think it's by Olay.

I use Kiss My Face Peaches & Creme Moisturizer. It has 4% AHA in it, so it might have a slight burning sensation when you put it on. AHA helps the skin, and is great as a moisturizer. I think it's $5 for a 4 oz. tube at whole foods. It smells delicious :)