Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chibby

TCA cross and Dark Skin

After reading a topic on self-TCA crossing, I decided to do a little research. What I found is that TCA crossing helps to close up large pores and other hypodermic holes which other treatments seem to miss. The reason for this seems to be that high concentrations of TCA applied directly to hypodermic scars rebuilds the collagen and eventually leads to the closing of the "hole" with great results. When I read this, I was elated. I was depressed about large pores from obsessively squeezing blackheads but this gave me hope!

I have two questions. I have medium dark African skin and was wondering about the effects TCA cross treatment would have on my skin. I read a study which indicated that it was okay but I'd like to here personal accounts of the cross' effectiveness.

I was also wondering if any of you "self-crossers" from a previous thread would be willing to share your results with me, since its been a year.

...I have two questions. I have medium dark African skin and was wondering about the effects TCA cross treatment would have on my skin. I read a study which indicated that it was okay but I'd like to here personal accounts of the cross' effectiveness.

I was also wondering if any of you "self-crossers" from a previous thread would be willing to share your results with me, since its been a year.

Due to your skin color, I myself would hesitate to recommend TCA CROSS method to you. There is a risk of hypopigmentation in darker skin colors; invasive procedures such as TCA CROSS and dermabrasion, etc, aren't recommended for skins that have more melanin.

However, there are still multiple options! Please do look at the needling and dermaroller threads; those techniques have a good chance of success with less risk of pigmentation problems for darker skins.

Please consider asking a dermatologist or plastic surgeon about the advisability of TCA CROSS for African skin; I cannot in good conscience recommend it due to the risk of hypopigmentation.

...I have two questions. I have medium dark African skin and was wondering about the effects TCA cross treatment would have on my skin. I read a study which indicated that it was okay but I'd like to here personal accounts of the cross' effectiveness.

Due to your skin color, I myself would hesitate to recommend TCA CROSS method to you. There is a risk of hypopigmentation in darker skin colors; invasive procedures such as TCA CROSS and dermabrasion, etc, aren't recommended for skins that have more melanin.

However, there are still multiple options! Please do look at the needling and dermaroller threads; those techniques have a good chance of success with less risk of pigmentation problems for darker skins.

Please consider asking a dermatologist or plastic surgeon about the advisability of TCA CROSS for African skin; I cannot in good conscience recommend it due to the risk of hypopigmentation.

:) Thanks for your reply. At first, I was going to order the TCA and try to perform the procedure myself, but I'm a young guy, and my scars aren't very severe. I'll wait a year or more to see if the scars improve, then see a dermatologist about performing a TCA cross. Quite honestly I'm just grateful such a procedure exists.

You could consider using Retin A or Tazorac over the next year; either can help with collagen building and scar remodeling. If the scars are less than a year old, they still haven't reached their final stage yet: scars remodel themselves for up to a year after the initial injury from what I have read. IF you add in a collagen building product, you may further affect the scar outcome positively.

Good luck and congratulations on your EXCELLENT attitude about your scars! That's an accomplishment in and of itself. :D

ya, i wouldn't recommend tca cross for dark skin, i think asian and hispanic skin is as dark as derms and plastic surgeons are willing to go. like wynne said, though, needling in theory treats scars the same way that tca cross does, injuring the skin and allowing it to repair itself with new skin. not to mention i have seen great results from needling and dermarolling. whatever you do, if you do tca cross, don't do it at home by yourself. have a licensed physician do it for you, regardless of cost. many people, including myself at one point in time, take tca cross too lightly. it is a very strong acid and can literally burn a hole right into your face if you are not careful.

ya, i wouldn't recommend tca cross for dark skin, i think asian and hispanic skin is as dark as

It is OK for Asian skin. The original study is ASIAN. Sigh please do research before talking crap.

Here, pattern your skin tone with these people. The first image is from the TCA CROSS study, Korea

Clipboard03-749371.jpg

avantapresscars.jpg

If you can't see the image:

http://www.thevictoriancosmeticinstitute.c...rd03-749371.jpg

http://www.ezpeel.net/v/vspfiles/assets/im...tapresscars.jpg

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12460296

ya, i wouldn't recommend tca cross for dark skin, i think asian and hispanic skin is as dark as

It is OK for Asian skin. The original study is ASIAN. Sigh please do research before talking crap....

That is EXACTLY what s/he said, it's FINE for Asian and Hispanic skin but that's as dark as one should go....

yes, thanks for getting my back, Wynne. Rentstuff, I am Asian and I've had TCA cross done, you moron. Read my last post carefully so all the big words don't get lost in your head as you read.

I'm a little confused. I read a study stating that tca cross was in fact okay for dark skin.

Study

Also, I'd like to talk to my parents about having the procedure done. They're both in the medical field (dad's a doctor, mom's a nurse) and I don't think they'd ever be okay with it. Any suggestions?

yes, thanks for getting my back, Wynne. Rentstuff, I am Asian and I've had TCA cross done, you moron. Read my last post carefully so all the big words don't get lost in your head as you read.

"ya, i wouldn't recommend tca cross for dark skin, i think asian and hispanic skin is as dark as derms and plastic surgeons are willing to go."

yes you sure need to go back to 3rd grade grammar with that structure.