Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
janama7090

On Retin A Micro, looking for foundation to wear?

I can't find a liquid foundation that will work while using Retin A, the ones I've tried will not go on my skin, they bind up and glob now.... I'm starting a new job Monday, and really need a liquid foundation that will still smooth on my skin with its new texture.

Any ideas?

I can't find a liquid foundation that will work while using Retin A, the ones I've tried will not go on my skin, they bind up and glob now.... I'm starting a new job Monday, and really need a liquid foundation that will still smooth on my skin with its new texture.

Any ideas?

OMG you absolutely need to get yourself some mineral make up!!!!!! You will LOVE it and never touch liquid again!

Get out there tomorrow & find some (not by the retail companies like cover girl, revlon, etc) like physicians formula which is okay in a pinch and pretty cheap, can be found in pharmacies! Practice and in a few times you'll be a pro and cover anything you need to ;)

After, get yourself online and get some good stuff (I think everydayminerals still has a free sample kit!). Bareminerals is too expensive.

I really need to post more before/after shots with my mineral makeup, it's friggin' AWESOME! :dance:

I strongly encourage you to invest in Clinique Oil-Free longwear. I use this and absolutely love it. PHENOMENAL COVERAGE. the only down side is its about $23ish at like either macy's or carson's.

the way makeup reactions to your skin definitely has a huge part to do with how you apply it. i strongly recommend you try what i do. I have a really squishy and soft makeup sponge that i repeatedly use. it is so soft because of all the makeup that absorbed into it, but it truly makes the application so much smoother, if you have somewhat of a harsh sponge, it will go on chalky. anways, i boil it in hot water on the stove after every use to kill all the bacteria from wiping it all over my face. this prevents spreading bacteria and causing more acne breakouts, because the makeup should not cause ne since it is oil free and derm tested.

i am on accutane, just started tho. but what i do is before my makeup application, i wipe my face with a witch hazel soaked cotton ball (takes off all excess dirt and oil) , wash my hands with anti-bacterial dial soap, and then i put cerave mosturizer ALL OVER MY FACE, and wait about a minute or so and then apply my foundation. it goes on sooooo smoothly because of both the sponge and a moist face; the moisturizer almost acts like a makeup primer (which i dont like to mess with primers cuz i have sensitive skin; everything causes me to breakout)

but yea i discovered this from trial and error and honestly, the makeup goes on smoothly over any blemish.

i hope i helped! :D