Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mwd

low dose Accutane anybody?

Wuzzup!

I am 18 and have had moderate acne for the past 2 years- antibiotics and all don't help much. My dad took accutane when he was 21 for 90 days and it helped him immensly, long term and short. I am just beginning low dose- I was thinking 20 mg per day or every other day at least for the first month. I am headed to brazil in six weeks and I would like to get cleared up by then. I will continue taking it there, but i will have to get a new prescription which might take a while. Can I take Creatine while on Acne? It helps my jiu jitsu. I would looooove to be acne free soon. Any advice? Should I wash my face much too? I will try to avoid alc while on accutane but i dont know if i will be able to do it completely....

Chao

Mark

hey mark!

i'm actually on 10mg per day which is the same as you basically. I used to be on 20mg a day but after my acne started to clear up after just 2 weeks my dermatologist halved my dose. Hopefully it'll work or i'll just have to up my dose again. I'm actually on day 17 and I'm also going on a six week vacation next week. Did you just buy the accutane online or are you actually seeing a dermatologist? And to answer one of your questions, you should only wash your face twice a day, no more, because accutane can dry out your skin and washing your face too often will make your face even drier and can also aggravate your acne :/ and that would NOT be good!

anyway, best of luck with the accutane and keep logging :) I'd love to hear from someone who's on a low dose like i am!

xx

hey royal purple!

lol yea im doin this a bit under the table cuz the FDA's a biotch!!! The derm told me accutane would be fine but i wont be able to get the monthly bloodtests since I will be in Brazil for several months. Yeah im gonna start at 20 or 40 mgs. I hope to get clear on this in 6 weeks tho so that im not in a Brazilian club with acne.. that would make it slightly less fun.

Best of luck to u too!

hey royal purple!

lol yea im doin this a bit under the table cuz the FDA's a biotch!!! The derm told me accutane would be fine but i wont be able to get the monthly bloodtests since I will be in Brazil for several months. Yeah im gonna start at 20 or 40 mgs. I hope to get clear on this in 6 weeks tho so that im not in a Brazilian club with acne.. that would make it slightly less fun.

Best of luck to u too!

Actually, maybe i will do 40mg twice a week. The thing i am a little concerned about is that i wont be able to get accutane until a month after i get in brazil... i dont know if that is bad to not be taking the medicine for that long. Hmm.. decisions decisions